Dolphins WR Brandon Marshall, OT Jake Long Make Pro Bowl

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins' started by SRW, Dec 27, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Reputations can carry a player far in today's NFL. That explains why receiver Brandon Marshall and left tackle Jake Long -- two Dolphins who haven't exactly maximized their opportunities this season - have been selected as AFC representatives for the 2012 Pro Bowl. Marshall, who has contributed 1,177 yards and scored six touchdowns on his team-leading 77 catches, was selected to his third Pro Bowl, joining the 43-man roster for the AFC. This is Long's fourth straight Pro Bowl selection, but it's unlikely that he'll participate because of the torn right biceps injury he suffered during last Saturday's 27-24 loss to the Patriots. "I've always considered it a great honor every time I've been voted to the Pro Bowl," stated Long. "It's very humbling to be associated with the best players in the game. It shows that you have earned the respect of your peers, and I also appreciate the fans who voted for me as well. But I wouldn't have made the Pro Bowl without the help of my teammates and coaches, and I want to thank them for the support they have given me all season."

Source: Sun-Sentinel