Draft Contest Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Aussie61, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

This thread is for people to post up any ideas they have for a Draft Contest.Kurt wants to get something going,so post up any ideas and we should be able to have a really cool contest.

Kurt likes this.
  2. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

It's tough to predict who goes where because one trade and your screwed.Lots of teams talking about trading up/down.
    You could have something like first 32 guys off the board? That would cover round 1.
    Or how many guys from each position get drafted in round 1? (How many QB,how many DT,etc.)

3. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Or we can do a mock competition like we do every year

4. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

This is what I was thinking. People can post a mock, first 32 picks type deal? But what would suck it people will wait until the last minute.. we've got to make it where people who post their mock early, get a bonus for their early predictions.. ya?

Whoever gets the most right, wins?

I might be able to program this, but maybe not.

Should we make it pay to play to increase the POT? I'll do a winners match if we get more than 100 participants.

Kurt

5. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

Meaning we vote each pick?? I like that.

I also like people doing their own mock draft and you get points maybe for guessing right?? Could do a certain amount of points for an exact correct pick and a little less for guessing the player in the 1st round? Spit ballin here

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Just make, say, a 5 day window in _____ time period where you have to get your mock up if you want to play. That way everyones having to make their mocks at the same relative time, with the same information thats available to anyone else who's doing so at the same time. That way it won't be an issue where if (example) I was to do my mock today with February intel and submit it, but that freaking drippy rod cumbag @Jihad Joe waited until the night before the draft to do his, he'd have the huge advantage of all the up-to-date p**is size information leaked from the combine.

Alternatively, make them completely editable up to _____ date and then close the thread, freezing the predictions in stone at that time.

Pay to play is a good idea, I'm down for an entry fee. Just have to make sure pay is collected before play is allowed. Any way for you to create a thread that you (as admin) have to "give permission" to see/post in? Sort of like the staff section, only just for the paying contestants. That way once you receive payment, you can let the user in, and the thread won't be cluttered with nonsense by people who haven't ponied up.

Aussie61 likes this.
  7. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

I like it a lot. Entry fee and protected threads are easy.

8. Jihad Joe

I get my up to date p**is sizes in person thank you very much

Walnuts likes this.
  9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Or people could just edit the entry as they see fit up until a date...no reason if someone posts one today that the entry HAS to be their final answer...

10. Jihad Joe

Now if we wanted to do something now is there an alternative to a early mock comp.

How about this. We can do a position group every two weeks. You rate the 5 in each group you think will go. You get point s for every one you slot correctly. The amount of points awarded goes down with each position as it will be easier to slot as the draft gets closer

Whoever has the most points after the draft wins

Kurt likes this.
  11. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

How about this

everyone posts his 1st round. Top 32 picks.

Regardless of teams or trades.

If you get the pick and pick number correct you get 5 points
    If you are one off either -or+ you get 4 points
    If you are 2 away either -or+ you get 3 points
    If you are 3 away either -or+ you get 2 points
    and if he was drafted in the 1st 32 picks you get 1 point

We can have a tie breaker, by asking which pick is the first trade? So If I think Oakland will trade that is number 5!? Make sense?

Kurt and Aussie61 like this.
  12. 86WARD

86WARD -

The one Mike used to do was really good. Just took him a lot of time to tally the scores.

Kurt likes this.
  13. 86WARD

86WARD -

Here was Mike's scoring for the last few seasons:

Kurt and Aussie61 like this.