Eagles Actively Looking To Move Up

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by Greg Brosh, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

Two GMs from other teams say the Eagles are actively trying to move into the top 10-15 picks in the draft.

Their sights are believed to be on Pittsburgh OT Jeff Otah. The Birds may have to get into the top 11 to snare Otah, who could go as early as No. 12 to Denver. Philly apparently isn't sold on 2006 second-rounder Winston Justice.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/hashmarks/0-6-256/Eagles-trying-to-move-up-.html

2. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

sounds like BS, Eagles don't give up on players like that so quickly, they always believe they made the right picks, sometimes to a fault.

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I wouldent be surprised my grandma blocks better than justice.

4. mike oxlong

coming from you that means nothing, i bet your grandma knows more about football that you do as well

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

i actually wouldn't be surprised with this at all. the eagles need two new tackles and none of the younger guys have shown enough promise.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

If they get picks for Sheppard and have 12 or more...I'm thinking there's a pretty good chance they'll be doing some sort of "moving on up."

7. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

i'd hate it if sheppard was a part of a "move up to get a tackle" trade

8. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Eagles are also known for drafting towards the future. They did it when they had Bobby Taylor and Troy Vincent at CB...they drafted Lito Sheppard and Sheldon Brown. They tried it with Winston Justice and they have two aging tackles they need to address at some point.

9. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

What that guy said. Anytime Reid has even the smallest reason to take a lineman in the first round, he's going to do it.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

It's his "comfort zone."

11. mike oxlong

they have been able to get guys out of nowhere (jackson, herremens) I also think that Ried and Heckert know that you don't need to get a 1st round lineman as a replacement. I think they would trade up for a Dline as that has been their favorite

12. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

So much for this thread title.

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

the gold standard wants to be able to pay a brass wage.