Eagles CB Nnamdi Asomugha Benched In Final Quarter Vs Giants

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by SRW, Dec 30, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Nnamdi Asomugha was benched in the fourth quarter of the Eagles' 42-7 loss to the New York Giants on Sunday, ending his disappointing season.

Asomugha said he hopes to return to the Eagles in 2013 and did not interpret the benching as a sign that the Eagles do not want him back.

"I think that was just a matter of [defensive coordinator Todd Bowles] saying, 'You come out for this series and get it together,' as opposed to, 'We're done,' " Asomugha said.

Asomugha was called for pass interference twice and allowed a touchdown pbutt.

"This was just one of those games where a lot of things happened that were just explainable," Asomugha said. "There was a touchdown the guy should have never caught. I was in good position for it, I just had to locate the ball."

Asomugha has been the source of criticism since he signed a five-year, $60 million contract in 2011. He is due to make $15 million next season, with $4 million guaranteed.

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

I can't imagine he would stay in Philly at $15M for the year...lol.

3. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Screwin Nnamdi... even if he agrees to take half, not sure if I still want him.

4. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I remember the day we signed nnamdi i was jumping for joy like we won the lottery ..............and now :bad:

5. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I would take him. Not for $15 million though.

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

too big of a cap hit to dump him and vick. it's one or the other.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

So which one would you rather keep with their current contract?

8. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

vick has been productive more than nnamdi has,imo.I'd keep vick over him.

9. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Unless Chip Kelly is coach, Vick is out. And Nnamdi will not be here unless he takes a large paycut.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

cap hits

vick - $7.2 mil
    nnamdi - $4 mil

i think vick goes and they restructure nnamdi's deal.

11. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

That's my guess, too.

12. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Here's the bottom line. Get a DC in here that understands how to utilize Nnamdi. He's cheaper and willing to work with the team/wants to be here. He can still be a very good DB but he needs a DC to understand how to scheme around him. Juan had NO idea and Bowles didn't really change crap. Change the D a little bit, utilize him right and teach him to tackle. It'll be grand! But yeah, heck Michael Vick.

13. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

You can't teach him how to tackle at this point in his career. Scheme change can help him some, but he was beat in every way imaginable. A pass rush will be his best friend.

14. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

I remember you guys were all like, ahhh yeah he's not good in zone, so they move him to man to man. Remind me again he got torched by Reuben Randle a no name rookie twice in the first quarter. I'm sorry but he just really isn't good.

15. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I know what you mean, but its hardly like anyone was saying he couldn't play zone or man when he was with the Raiders.

16. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

He just got old

Sent from my HTC Vivid

17. SeanTaylor21

He was good with the Raiders cause nobody threw at him, the second people started to pick on him he crumbled.

18. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

He is at that age where a CB can regress fast. It happened to Newman just as fast. Went from Pro Bowl CB to a complete liability in 2 years at the same age

Sent from my HTC Vivid

19. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

We got bamboozled, but I can't hate on the move. Just about everyone thought it was a fabulous signing at the time.

20. SeanTaylor21

Yeah man, I was soooo scared of the Eagles when they signed him and then got DRC, I could just see the picks racking up on Eli.