Eagles Name QB Michael Vick Starter For Week 3

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by Sweets, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Eagles head coach Andy Reid names QB Michael Vick as the starter for Week 3. NFL Network will have more information as it becomes available but this is something that the public has been wondering about since Michael Vick played such a good game in Week 2. No word yet on if QB Kevin Kolb is still injured or not.

Source: NFL Network

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2010
  2. The Red

The Red GO BLUE!!!

Just because he played one good game against a fairly sorry team doesn't make him deserving to be the starter. I don't know why such a big deal was made in the media that Reid was doing him wrong saying he wasn't the starter. This happens all the time 2nd stringers come in a blow it up. It's whatever though. Vick I don't feel will ever be a true number 1 QB in the NFL, but I have been wrong before so I guess we'll see.

3. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Vick will start the rest of the season then be traded.

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Kevin Kolb could still be out and not ready to play.

5. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I wonder what this is doing to Kevin Kolb's confidence.

6. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

7. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Everything I've heard says the concussion isn't the issue, they're just staying with the hot hand. Maybe they are just being cautious with Kolb, I just haven't seen that from anywhere credible yet. But if he's still starting and playing well in a few weeks, my fantasy squad might need a new name.

8. ragman

I picked him up in a couple of FF leagues I'm in off of the FA wire.

9. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I just heard on NFL Network, Michael Lombardi said the switch is not related to Kolbs health, it's a football decision.

10. ragman

The Eagles have to to Jacksonville to play the Jags. They used to have a pretty good defense. Eagles favored by 3.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

For Week 3 AND the remainder of the season. Comcast Sportsnet in Philly is reporting that Kolb is indeed healthy and that Andy Reid simply changed his mind on the starter.

12. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

first, reid has been saying all along that Kolb would remain the starter and had already announced kolb was starting after their game on Sunday .................. whoops

secondly, i can't argue with going with the hot hand, especially when everything i've seen from Kolb thus far in his career has shown he had a LONG way to go.

13. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I already said that...wtf :moe:

14. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

And I already said THAT! :icon_cheesygrin:

15. orpheous

orpheous T.P.A Falcon

stick with the hot hand...

16. KISSman

KISSman QB Expert

They make it so easy to hate them. :icon_thumright:

17. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Dislike. The team isn't good enough to win the Super Bowl this year with either. Vick will be gone after the season. Let Kolb take his lumps and develop faster. Not a fan of this move at all.

18. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I get what your saying, but they will probably let Vick show out and then franchise tag and trade him.

Another possibility is Vick will put more people in the seats and sell more jerseys. It is a business, what if they possibly re-sign Vick and Kolb never gets a fair chance.

19. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Half of me agrees, and half of me thinks that if we have a more capable player get him in there and let's win some games.

What I am thrilled at is that we have an actual open competition at QB. Whoever is playing best gets game time.

Rest assured, Vick will falter some time and Kolb will be given another shot. At that point, he needs to take advantage and establish this as his team.

Kolb can't complain about this. The only QB who has proven his worth this season (as well as preseason) has been Vick, so he technically deserves the start.

20. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

i think this is a good move because that o-line the eagles got is really bad. once they shore it up i think kolb will get another shot