Eagles On The Verge Of Trading Donovan McNabb To The Rams

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by BigBlueBruiser, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb could be in a Rams uniform by the end of the day, possibly by the end of the week.The Eagles have an offer on the table that would give them St. Louis' second-round draft pick (33d overall) and free safety Oshiomogho Atogwe in exchange for McNabb. That deal, however, is "not yet completed," according to a league source.

Source: Philadelphia Daily News

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2010
  2. This is not another McNabb-San Francisco situation. Its legit.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2010
  3. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Interesting if true, 33rd is nothing to sneeze at! If nothing else this is the first trade rumor involving McNabb that doesn't sound ridiculous.

4. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

I feel sick

5. multibeast

multibeast Special Teamer

this sucks if true

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Wouldn't be a bad deal for wither team. McNabb would be a nice fit in St. Louis.

7. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

rly?

8. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I am sure this pick is attractive to the Eagles front office because they can get a first round talent at a second round price and at McNabb's age you won't get more then a first.

9. The Eagles reportedly lowered their asking price to a second.

This is the best deal possible imo. Rams get their QB, the Eagles can move into the Kevin Kolb era.

10. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

BUT I DON"T WANNA!!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. andy82

Good deal? Good Freaking Deal? We are at least three years away from being competitive, by then, McNabb will be almost 40. I'd rather us use the 33rd on a player who can contribute in the future.

For you guys who think this is good for the Rams, either you are clueless about the situation the Rams are in, or you base your knowledge on Madden NFL.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

I hope McNabb lives up to his snitch tag and veto's this trade. Do something worthwhile for once you queen.

12. multibeast

i agree with Andy - if this happens it is basically putting Mc5 out to pasture because the Rams are not going to get him that championship he wants in the next couple of years.

13. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

If he becomes a Ram your angst won't be quite as much fun as Sweets would have been. But it will be fun : D

14. andy82

He's no use to us anyway. He's old, he has no targets, he's got a very young line in front of him. He's spent the majority of his career on a championship caliber team (A team that probably would have muliple rings had he stopped choking). What freaking use is he?

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

I'm close to physically vomiting here. These rumours freaking disgust me.

15. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Call me selfish but I am a HUGE 5 fan and I sure as hell hope he doesn't go somewhere else and win a SB. If he's not an Eagle I want him to get his kicks out on some crapty team for a few years without getting too injured and then come home to retire as the best QB in franchise history that he is. Then move right into the broadcasting booth where he will be the best ever and drive most of the country nuts : D

16. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

this truly amusing witnessing andys and Phils reractions..................:icon_cheesygrin:

17. multibeast

I didn't know McNabb has the ability to veto a trade?

18. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Presumably it would hinge on an extension being able to be worked out with the Rams

19. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

At McNabb's age he should be commanding a hell of a lot less than that. He's only going to give a team 2 good years if they are lucky, and unless they are only a qb away from a championship, there's almost no point in dealing for him at all. The Eagles are raping the Rams if this deal happens, how amusing.

20. McNabb has said he'd be willing to go to St. Louis if given a new contract when the trade is completed.