Eagles QB Kevin Kolb Looking Forward To Starting

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by Stinger75, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Stinger75

Stinger75 It's Showtime, Folks!

Eagles QB Jeff Garcia remembers the morning, the anxiety, the nervous energy, the anticipation, and, perhaps most of all, the drive to the stadium for his first start as a San Francisco 49er. "The feeling I had that day was hard to match after that," Garcia said yesterday. Such intense expectations and emotions, with the possibility of a disastrous ending. Unless McNabb miraculously recovers from a fractured rib, Kolb will make his first start for the Eagles on Sunday after watching from the sideline for the better part of three seasons. "I've gotten opportunities and haven't done the best job with them," Kolb said. "If I'd come out and had five touchdowns and zero interceptions and zero fumbles, this wouldn't be an issue. But, because I haven't had much success it's totally fair, and I look forward to the challenge."

Source: Philidelphia Inquirer

2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Screw this is gonna be interesting. The home crowd knows what Garcia is capable of. Kolb needs to be aggressive and make some plays or the boo birds are going to be out by half time.

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I just hope we run alot

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

we will run more no matter who is under center if it's not mcnabb.

i don't think kolb has it from what i have seen and heard from people who have access to the team. with that said i hope it takes him being put into this position to come out of this shell and shine. i really do. i want him to suceed.

5. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

This is probably gonna be a make or break game for him for his career as a eagle.

6. The Red

The Red GO BLUE!!!

I don't know why they are starting Kolb with Garcia there in the first place. Hasn't Kolb shown a few times he really isn't that good?

7. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Garcia hasn't practiced or played anything in weeks, there is no way he would be ready to go in a couple days.

8. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Kolb hasn't shown much so far, but to be fair this is his first start, so he gets a full week with the starters. Plus, as Mike said, Garcia just joined the team. He wouldn't be ready.