Eagles RB Brian Westbrook Sidelined With Ankle Injury

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by MediaGuy, Jun 2, 2009.

1. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Two veterans were noticeably absent from the practice field as the Organized Team Activities (OTAs) got under way on Tuesday. Cornerback Sheldon Brown elected not to attend, while running back Brian Westbrook missed the workout because of a sore ankle. Westbrook was hampered by a knee injury during the 2008 season and had off-season surgery. This latest injury, head coach Andy Reid insists, has nothing to do with the knee. "This past week, he got a hold of (head athletic trainer) Rick (Burkholder) and his ankle was bothering him, so we're cfreaking it out," Reid said. "His knee is feeling good. He went through our last camp and was feeling good. It's just his ankle that's bothering him."

Source: Philadelphia Eagles.com

2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

3. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

We need to put Brian on life support or something.

4. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Lets hope lesean is a baller even though westbrook is still awesome when hes HEALTHY.

5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Damn. I'm certainly not going into panic mode or anything yet, but even last year as he struggled with injuries I've wondered if he'll ever be the same player he was. Hopefully he'll be alright.

6. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Damn, Westbrook is probably my favorite non-Fin player. I also have to announce my keepers by July 1st in my FB keeper league......I'm having serious reservations about him now.