Ex-Gators QB Tim Tebow Meeting With Jaguars This Week?

Discussion in 'Jacksonville Jaguars' started by SRW, Jan 26, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Jaguars have plans to meet with Tim Tebow this week. General manager Gene Smith said it will be the first in a series of meetings with the Jacksonville native and former Nease High School standout. It's more of a get-to-know-you meeting for Tebow's benefit, Smith said. "I talked to his dad yesterday [Sunday] and I certainly will catch up with him here and we will do the same at the combine," Smith said. "We'll do the same at the Florida workout. There's not a lot that I think we need to know about him because of the fact he's from Florida and there's been so much exposure, but you still want to sit down and get a feel for us, not just us getting a feel for him. I think we'll get plenty of additional exposure beyond this one."

Source: Florida Times-Union

2. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

i can't see tebow being a step up from garrard. if they do draft him, it will be to get butts in the seats.

3. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Which they could certainly use. Sell a crapload of jerseys, too.

4. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

fill seats for a while until everyone hates him

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I give it 8 games.:icon_cheesygrin:

6. K Train

hes been atrocious in the senior bowl....no way he dazzles anyone in the senior bowl, combine and pro day to warrant a #1 pick, hes a 5th round prospect at best.

i would draft his girlfriend before i would draft him in the first round, at least somebody could heck her for that kind of money

7. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Being the only Gator homer on here I believe it is my duty to say...TT aint gonna do crap as a QB in the NFL. And if Jax is going to draft him 1st rd then they are closer to losing that team to relocation then we think. Drafting him would help this year, but nobody goes to the games to see a clipboard holder.

8. K Train

troy smith was a running QB with a heisman trophy and NC....he went in the 5th and he is a MUCH better qb prospect than tebow