Ex-Jaguars CB Aaron Ross Apologizes For 'Vacation' Comment

Discussion in 'Jacksonville Jaguars' started by SRW, Apr 6, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Hours after referring to his time in Jacksonville as “a nice paid vacation to Florida,†former Jaguars cornerback Aaron Ross issued an apology to fans.

"Jacksonville treated me and my wife with the utmost respect and I really appreciated what they did for me and did for us," Ross told ESPN Friday afternoon, according to a post on ESPN New York’s website Friday evening.

"The only reason I said the vacation thing is because it was such a short turnaround for me to (come) back home with the Giants, it felt like (being away on) a vacation. I definitely didn’t mean any harm to Jacksonville city or the fans or disrespect to the organization. I have the utmost respect for that organization."

Ross made the “vacation†comment during a Friday appearance on “NFL AM†on the NFL Network, the Times-Union's Ryan O'Halloran reported.

Upon being cut from the team last month after just one year on a three-year contract, Ross re-signed with the New York Giants, the team he won two Super Bowls – in 2007 and 1011 – under former Jaguars coach Tom Coughlin.

"I really apologize if Jag nation took offense to it," Ross told ESPN. "I loved the opportunity that they gave me, they gave me a second chance to live my dream. They accepted me and my wife (Sanya Richards-Ross) with open arms and they were a fun crowd to be around and the organization was first class and treated us really nice."

Source: Florida Times Union