Ex-Jaguars QB David Garrard Already Contacted By Three NFL Teams

Discussion in 'Jacksonville Jaguars' started by BigBlueBruiser, Sep 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The news came as a shock to Jaguars fans and several players and it certainly did to Jaguars quarterback David Garrard himself. "Been assured that the job was his this year," said Al Irby, Garrard's agent. "That's why we're all shocked, and so was he. This had to be a last minute decision, that's the only thing I can say. I don't think these guys would purposely tell me one thing and [do another]." Garrard will have options now that the Jaguars are releasing him, Irby said three teams have already contacted him about Garrard and declined to say which ones. When asked if any of those teams were in the division, Irby repeated that he told the teams he spoke with he would keep quiet about their interest. But his landing spot might not come for a few days. Irby said Garrard is in no hurry. "The system's going to do what it's going to do," Irby said. "He has gotten some calls, they know there's some interest. David can still play it's obvious. He knows he's gonna have options and he's gonna just sit back and let the offers come in and make a decision."

Source: Florida Times-Union

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.