Ex-Jaguars WR Laurent Robinson Filed A Grievance After Being Released

Discussion in 'Jacksonville Jaguars' started by DaBears22, Jul 16, 2013.

1. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

It has been four months since the Jacksonville Jaguars released wide receiver Laurent Robinson and eight months since he suffered the last of four concussions in 2012, but he says he's symptom free and ready to give the NFL one more shot, Tom Pelissero of USA Today reports.

"I feel like I can still play, of course," Robinson said on Tuesday. "There's going to be doubts about me with the concussions. But the only thing I can do is tell teams to bring me in, work me out and go from there.

"I've been putting in the work all offseason, trying to get better, trying to get right. I know myself that I can still play. It's just if a team wants to take a chance on me."

Robinson, 28, cashed in on his surprise 2011 season — 54 catches for 858 yards and 11 touchdowns with the Dallas Cowboys — and signed a five-year, $32.5 million contract that included $13.6 million guaranteed with the Jaguars in March 2012. Less than a year later, on March 13, the Jaguars' new regime told him they were going in a different direction.

According to Robinson, he "definitely wasn't ready to be cleared" when the Jaguars did just that in January, nor when the NFL Players Association sent him to see a neurologist in Orlando on April 5.

Source: The Redzone

2. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Dang didn't know he had gone through all that