Face Of YOUR Franchise

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Lord_Joe, Apr 6, 2010.

?

Who do you choose to build your team around?

1. JaMarcus Russell (2007, #1)

3.3%
  2. Brady Quinn (2007, #22)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Matt Ryan (2008, #3)

46.7%
  4. Joe Flacco (2008, #18)

23.3%
  5. Matthew Stafford (2009, #1)

16.7%
  6. Mark Sanchez (2009, #5)

3.3%
  7. Josh Freeman (2009, #17)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Jimmy Clausen (2010, TBA)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Sam Bradford (2010, TBA)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Tim Tebow (2010, TBA)

3.3%
  11. Colt McCoy (2010, TBA)

3.3%
  1. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

Ok, here's the scenario. You are picking for a team (doesn't matter which one). You need a Quarterback to build your team around. The choices you have are all those chosen in the first round since 2007, including Jimmy Clausen, Tim Tebow, Colt McCoy and Sam Bradford. I did it since 2007 because arguably these guys are still unknowns. When making your selection, think as if they were coming out of college, not as they are now.

For the record, I don't think McCoy goes before the fourth round, and I'd wager Tebow goes late second/early third. Some people are stupid though.

Your choices are:
    JaMarcus Russell (2007, #1)
    Brady Quinn (2007, #22)
    Matt Ryan (2008, #3)
    Joe Flacco (2008, #18)
    Matt Stafford (2009, #1)
    Mark Sanchez (2009, #5)
    Josh Freeman (2009, #17)
    Jimmy Clausen (2010, TBA)
    Sam Bradford (2010, TBA)
    Tim Tebow (2010, TBA)
    Colt McCoy (2010, TBA)

(Notice how I got in Clausen BEFORE Bradford, and the rest are in the order they were picked? :icon_cool: *hint hint*)

Say WHY you would choose the guy you did!

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

I'd choose Matt Stafford. The guy has the elite arm strength you don't come across very often - an arm like that possessed by Brett Favre and John Elway. Having a Quarterback like that makes it very hard to defend the offense, as defenders must always be wary of the deep pbutt. Stafford also showed an amazing work ethic and love of the game, which ensures he will be in the film room learning the ins and outs of every play and every defense he comes up against. He has shown toughness and leadership, and is a guy the locker room can rally around.

Matt Stafford, #1 overall. No question.

(But then I'd get him a tackle to protect his ass!!)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  2. JASON4RMLA

JASON4RMLA Go Kings!!

Matt Ryan is a Top 5 Quaterback in my book. Al Davis dropped the ball by drafting JaMarcus Russell in 2007.

3. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Ryan is the easy choice in my opinion.

4. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Wacko for Flacco. Nuff said.

5. While Matt Ryan certainly isn't a bad choice, I'm gonna go with the hometown kid Joe Flacco.

A big, tough quarterback with a rocket arm and has been successful in his first two seasons in the NFL. And with the addition of Anquan Boldin, the Ravens finally have a true #1 wide receiver and will help Flacco get to the next level and elevate him into the upper echelon of elite QB's in the NFL.

6. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

lol, I will admit I totally lunched on Flacco... I'll keep Ryan, but drop the easy choice part.

7. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

as a prospect or today? as a prospect the answer is brady quinn hands down imo, followed by stafford if you want the arm strength.

flacco back then certainly wasnt an elite prospect, and hes certainly not an elite player. when you get in flaccos face hes not exactly joe cool, he throws balls into the ground. hes a cross between tommy maddox and derrick anderson, ive said that since day one and i still believe it. hes not among the elite by any means and without that defense and insane running game/oline hes a nobody

as a player right now i would take stafford or ryan...i think both are going to be big time studs

8. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Matt Stafford and said before great arms strnght and and i seen alot of him here in GA on the TV and such plus the dude is from Dallas area

9. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

Someone voted for Colt McCoy.

I put him in a a joke.

10. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

Stafford is the best prospect since the Eli/Rivers/Big Ben draft imo so him

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

Ryan.

12. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Ryan and I didn't need to think about it for more than two seconds. He had an off senior season, but all the intangibles plus the ability to make every throw. Seems like he had a damn good head on his shoulders coming out, too.

13. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Flacco....although Matt Ryan would also be a good choice....JaMarcus Russell? Why would anyone even think to put him on this list? And anyone voting for him should be immediately and permanently banned for being terminally stupid. :icon_cheesygrin:

14. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

I like Flacco.

15. Gehring53

Gehring53 2008 National Champs

I respect Flaaco, Stafford, and possibly Bradford (we will see if he converts to the NFL), but Ryan reminds me of a Tom Brady type not excelling in one category but being very efficient and passionate

16. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I'll take the easy choice, Ryan.

17. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Josh Freeman, youd really put that project in there?

18. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

I put on every QB taken in the first round in the last three years.

19. snakefan

snakefan Rookie

JaMarcus Russell ... Cuz he can drink a keg of beer by himself.

20. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Wow, all these guys still have to prove themselves in my opinion. I went with Matt Ryan though.