Fact Or Fiction

Discussion in 'NFL Writer's Block' started by PSID412USM, Aug 29, 2013.

1. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

[​IMG]

Ray Lewis giving me the evil eyes because it’s been so long since I done this!

FACT OR FICTION?

Yes it’s fact or Fiction folks! I must say sorry for the delay in this coming out. It’s all on me and I promise no more issues

1. Is Tim Tebow playing himself out of a job this preseason?

Rich
    Fact

It looks as though he already has. He's had a dreadful pre-season performance and I think his NFL career is probably done...unless the Patriots are secretly converting him to another position behind the scenes, that is. It's time for Tebow to go try to learn how to coach or preach or play in the CFL or something.

Insane
    Fact

Tim Tebow didn't have much of a chance to make the Patriots roster, at least not at quarterback. Bill Belichick won't keep a player around to have a spotlight in the media. He's never been that type of coach and never will be. Unless Belichick can find a way to use him on the field, which doesn't seem likely at this point, Tebow will be looking for a new believer.

2. Does Von Miller suspension means the Broncos can no longer be consider a favourite in the AFC?

Rich
    Fiction

A favourite? No, this team is still a favourite for the AFC. Are they "the" favourite now? If they were before, they certainly aren't now. While it is only 6 games, that's time Von Miller has to gain a little rust. That's time this defence is missing it's best player. And that's time the defence is missing out on the ability to gain a certain chemistry. I don't think this makes the Broncos significantly worse defensively, but to say it will have no impact would be absurd.

Insane
    Fiction

The Denver Broncos with or without Von Miller have gotten better, and that means they'll win close to the same amount of games as they did last year, if not the same. Defensively they could see a loss in sacks, as Miller had 18.5 last season, but you can't forget that Dumervil had 11. While Shaun Phillips is no Miller, he is no stranger to the game, as he recorded 9.5 sacks last season.

3. The Eagles were right to fine Riley Cooper for using a racist term and not cutting or suspending him?

Rich
    Fact

Frankly, I don't think he should have been cut or suspended by any team regardless of their situation. That said, the Eagles specifically reacted appropriately for their situation given the injury struggles they have faced thus far this pre-season. They need healthy, experienced bodies and Riley Cooper is one they couldn't really afford to lose. The guy made a pretty stupid and easily avoidable mistake, but he shouldn't have his career ruined by it if his QB can play football following his dog fighting situation.

Insane
    Fact

The Philadelphia Eagles are limited at the WR core, and will find Cooper's presence more meaningful than they would without him. Cooper started five games in 2012, and averaged 10.8 yards per catch with three touchdowns. With more time on the field, Cooper should only get better and the Eagles know that.

4. The Jags or Raiders will go 0-16 this season?

Rich
    Fiction

Both teams will undoubtedly be terrible teams (you'd think the Raiders would have dug themselves out of this hole by now....you'd think), you almost have to make a conscious effort to go 0-16. Any given Sunday after all. But I do think they will be the worst two teams in the NFL..

Insane
    Fiction

Neither team will see an 0-16 record, especially not the Oakland Raiders. The Jacksonville Jaguars have a chance to win only a game or two, but it's nearly impossible to go winless. The history of the NFL has proven that with only 11 teams having imperfect seasons.

5. The record for most sacks / most rushing yards in a season will be broken this year?

Rich
    Fiction

Neither records is untouchable and both have obviously been flirted with fairly recently. But both records are records for a reason. Surpassing either of those records would require a herculean effort and I can't really anticipate anybody hitting either of them. No, not even AP taking another swipe at the rushing record this season.

Insane
    Fiction

No records will be broken this year, but that's not to say we won't see some impressive stats by players. Adrian Peterson had an insane season last year, but camp up 9 yards short. Only 12 players have recorded 19 sacks in a single season since 1982 when the NFL started recording the stat. If one is going to break Strachan’s 22.5 sack record, DeMarcus Ware might have the best chance, as he's the only player to have recorded more than 19 sacks twice (20 in 2008 and 19.5 in 2011). With the new defence in Dallas, that will either help him or hurt him

Again I’m sorry for the big delay in this coming out I promise we be back next week! Thanks to Rich and Insane for the answers. This is PSID412USM signing out.​

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  2. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

you messed question five up lol.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Good stuff guys!!

4. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Agree with just about all of these statements

5. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

I'm gonna throw my hat and say the sack record will be broken by Aldon Smith this season. Say what you want about depending on Justin Smith's presence, Aldon still has some mad skills.

6. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

I agree with the Cooper question but I feel the reason is that since that word is freely used by the African American community that is why they didn't cut him. You can't use that word then complain when someone else uses it. Black or white.

7. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

8. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Damn that first question was right on the money. lol.

9. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

You can't say these dudes don't know their football. lol