Falcons Coach Mike Smith Mum On Interest In Panthers DE Julius Peppers

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by BigBlueBruiser, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Falcons coach Mike Smith shared that the coaching staff has been evaluating the potential free agent clbutt. Later in the month, they’ll switch gears to the combine. D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Jounal-Constitution asked him about Carolina’s Julius Peppers and if the Falcons were interested. “Until free agency opens on March 5th, we can’t talk about other players.” Smith said.

Source:
    Atlanta Journal-Constitution

2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

peppers, jerry, anderson to DT and abraham....=delicious

3. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

PLEASE go after Peppers. PLEASE!

4. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Anderson at DT? I dont see it

Babineaux's pretty good

5. AtlantaBlazer

IIRC, Anderson has played DT the last couple of games this season. He looked pretty good.

6. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

they like him there, hes not a great pass rusher but he holds his own on the interior

7. orpheous

orpheous T.P.A Falcon

if we get pep then at least our line is straight.... i like our LB we just need to shore up that secondary

8. AtlantaBlazer

Secondary killed us numerous times this year, I like what Grimes has turned into, but I want to see more, and I would like us to get a bona fide corner and let the rest compete for the 2nd and 3rd spots.

9. Jihad Joe

Whats going on with Chris Houston.

Very polarized prospect in our circles when we were wanting a CB in 2007

10. AtlantaBlazer

He's been on/off, I like the potential with all our corners, I just want to see more. This is a team that can win now, and the only thing holding them back is an inconsistent secondary (Along with inconsistent QB play), one of them needs to emerge as a shutdown-caliber CB for us to be serious contenders.

11. Jihad Joe

He is still young and was considered raw when he came out