Falcons release DT Grady Jackson

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by yisman, Oct 23, 2007.

1. yisman

yisman The Ambivalent One

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2007-10-23-3337085498_x.htm

ATLANTA (AP) — In a surprising move announced without comment from coach Bobby Petrino or general manager Rich McKay, the Atlanta Falcons cut starting defensive tackle Grady Jackson on Tuesday.

Falcons spokesman Reggie Roberts said Petrino would address the move on Wednesday.

Jackson, a 6-foot-2, 350-pound run-stopper, led the league with 13 tackles for a loss last season. The 11-year veteran had 21 tackles, including 5 1/2 for losses, and one sack this year.

Jackson has started 22 of the last 23 games. His surprise exit leaves rookie sixth-round pick Trey Lewis as the starter.

2. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

WOW.....i wouldn't mind having him back w/ the saints...he'd be good for the local restaurant industry

3. happ

happ PECAVI

You gonna eat that?? Milloy had the best MNF intro ever.

4. bossplaya000

bossplaya000 Bitch I'm the boss

If Tennessee signs him look for their run D to become even more effective... Not just because of his fat ass, but Haynesworth is having a hell of a year and those two together would be like the Williams bros in Minnesota.. Only not as good

5. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

i would say how about in philly but the eagles have 2 very young very talented players at the Defensive tackle position so i hope he doesnt go to any team in the NFC east