FF Ethics

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by linz_renee, Oct 25, 2007.

1. linz_renee

linz_renee Well-Known

Background: There is a guy in our league that gets crap on every week because he knows nothing about football and really doesn't understand how to change his roster. I have tried to help him a few times, but he just doesn't seem to care enough and always ends up playing someone who's out or on a bye.

Everyone has played him except for me and this is the week that a guy on our league is going to sit down with him and help him pick up and drop players and completely set his roster. Am I wrong in thinking this gives me an unfair disadvantage? Everyone else got a free win.

2. yisman

yisman The Ambivalent One

it is unfair.

this kind of thing sometimes screws me over as well. the inactive guy all of a sudden gets woken up.

maybe the guy who's sitting down with him is out to get you

3. linz_renee

linz_renee Well-Known

it's my boyfriend that's going to help him!

he is rediculously competitive and only one ranking and 20 points ahead of me on the season.

4. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

The team with the clueless owner who finally gets clued in sucks, but atleast he is getting help in the end. In all honesty, how good is his team going to be?

5. Cheezymadman

Cheezymadman Born Again Browns Backer

Screw him. That's what I say. If you don't know how a fantasy league works, you have no business being in one.

6. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Sounds like he doesn't love you anymore. I hate to see love go bad because of fantasy football.

7. Cheezymadman

Cheezymadman Born Again Browns Backer

I'd have to agree. Gotta say, I would NEVER do something like that to a girl I loved. :icon_cheesygrin:

8. linz_renee

linz_renee Well-Known

:wink:

I'm not in it for the love, I'm in it for the VICTORY!!!

9. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

I would suggest giving your boyfriend somekind of lets say incentive to wait until next week!:dirty08: Seriously though, it sounds like your boyfriend has a problem imo. If he's helping this dude out just to stay ahead of you in FF, think of the things he would do when the relationship gets serious!

I like to get new people into FF and enjoy showing them the ropes and different philosophies involved, which should be done at the beginning of the season, not when its convenient for helping you stay in 1st place.

10. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Why did you let that guy in if he doesn't know anything and seems to be fine with that, to begin with?

11. linz_renee

linz_renee Well-Known

He wanted to learn about football and being in a FF league tends to help a lot with that. I guess he just lost interest when he started losing.

No incentives for the boy... only penalties. lol.

12. bizell

bizell NFL-Fans refugee

imo tough crap for you.

13. linz_renee

linz_renee Well-Known

I actually agree with that. The comish does what the comish wants. sometimes it just sucks.

14. BroncoBJ

BroncoBJ JayCutler4MVP!!!

:lol: FF n00bs :lol:

I was in a league with a bunch of people but this one guy who was in it was a Browns fan and it was his first year playing and he asked if he should take Frye in the first round or what round he should take him in. :lol:

So we said Screw him and kicked him out of the league before it started.

I hate losing to teams with 0 wins or people that suck.

I play a guy next week who is currently 0-7. So I'm scared I dont heck up that week. I dont wanna get caught in a trap game.

Good luck though :)

15. linz_renee

linz_renee Well-Known

I still won, because I dominate!!!