Final Proposal By Pacquiao Camp

Discussion in 'Boxing/MMA Talk' started by warcrychief, Dec 27, 2009.

1. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

Promoter Bob Arum delivered what he said would be his last proposal Sunday to salvage the fight between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr., which has been on life support over a blood testing dispute. Under Arum's proposal, the Nevada Athletic Commission would have the final say in how much testing there would be for the fight and when it would take place. Preparations for the fight would go forward and there would be three blood tests - none within 30 days of the fight - unless the commission decided otherwise at a mid-January meeting.

Associated Press

2. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

this is like a soap opera. I don't care about all this drama, just let me know if this fight is on or off. thats it, thats all.

3. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Floyd just lace'em up and kick his butt. Don't be a snitch and hide behind this blood testing BS. If you don't want to fight him......"break" your hand training. It's that simple.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

hopefully floyd can put his vag**a on a shelf long enough so we can get this deal signed.

5. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

I know Floyd's a douche, but Pacquio is the one screwing this up. Floyd's willing to subject himself to all of these test. The same test Olympians have used for years. If there's smoke, there's fire. Pac should be willing to get the miniscule amounts of blood drawn and do this.

6. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

It's off. Floyd doesn't have the balls

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Bullcrap. He's willing to be blood tested the freaking day of the fight. How much more does he have to do.

7. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

AFTER the fight means rod when it comes to PED. What's the point of fighting when after the fight it is proven 1 or both guys cheated. Square that before ever stepping into the ring. Its easier to time a cycle when you have planned tests (1 a month before the fight, and 1 post fight). Unplanned random testing (what Floyd wants from USADA [the same Olympic testing proceedures]) is much harder to beat b/c the cycle of whatever may not be out of your system by then. I dont know if Pacs using but the I'm scared of needles bullcrap excuse doesn't fly. Neither is the I'm going to be weak excuse b/c the amount of blood drawn is less than a vile. He's a primed athlete in top shape. I'm a weekend warrior and have done it and not noticed it. He is worlds ahead of the rest of us. Why would Floyd be willing to undergo the same proceedures if he wasn't trying to fight clean?

8. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

It doesn't matter how much blood gets drawn. A needle is a needle whether they draw 1 tube or 10 tubes of blood It's more about the principle at this point. The fact is that Pac is willing to do WAY more then is recquired by boxing, needed to prove he is not using PEDs, and practical by any reasonable measurment.....but what he's not willing to do is let Mayweather smear his good name in a cat attempt to get out of a fight he knows he can't win. It's not about fighting clean or not because Pac is willing to give blood 3xs and unlimited urine but he's not willing to negotiate back and forth on this from a coward who has no interest in really fighting him in the ring.

9. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Urinalysis are the easiest tests to beat. Is this boxing politics? Absolutely. Boxings test suck btw. Ask Sugar Shane what he thinks of them. Is Floyd a cat? Possibly. But if I were Pac and knew I could beat Floyd, then I'd jump through the hoops and then whip his butt. You take away his trash talk and beat him in the ring (first time ever). Thats motivating as hell to me. For him to not do it, then he, just like Floyd, isn't willing to do everything possible to fight the other one. You have to realize that.

1 person likes this.
  10. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Rep... I don't know why (aside from superstitions) this is a problem. Just do it Paqman. And beat his butt as a repercussion of this BS testing.

11. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Through several interchanges he conceded to do more then I think is reasonable and I totally understand him wanting to just move on because I am sure he is as certain as I am the Floyd won't fight him. I completely understand Pac just saying.... you know what? Screw this. My lawyer will snitch slap you in court for deffamantion and I will move on and capture an eighth weight class against a fighter who actually has the balls to fight.

OR we are all being duped and this is all just a great way to get press and hype

12. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

this whole thing was stupid... Floyd never asked for this type of testing in all of his previous fights and now he wants special testing. And Pacquiao and his whole side is stupid for not doing the test... I blame both parties cause their both goobered. Just a bunch of stupid drama. Now Pacquaio is going to fight some guy I never heard of, good. move on fight this no name than try and get this floyd fight again.