Former NFL QB Donovan McNabb Trying To Figure Out How Cowboys Coach Jason Garrett Still Has A Job

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by 86WARD, Jul 10, 2014.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Since taking over as the Dallas Cowboys head coach in November of 2010, Jason Garrett has almost been exactly average. In three and a half seasons with the team, Garrett has gone 29-27.

In each of Garrett's three full seasons, the Cowboys have gone 8-8 and made the playoffs zero times. That mediocrity has Donovan McNabb wondering why Garrett still has a job.

"I think for the Dallas Cowboys it's much more than just what we see from the defense and offense, I mean, let's go upstairs," McNabb said on 'Fox Sports Live,' via the Dallas Morning News. "I'm still figuring out how still has a job at this particular point the way we have continued to see this team just continue to crumble. You can't fire Wade Phillips and hire Jason Garrett and Jason Garrett's doing worse than Wade Phillips was doing. That's just not going to get it done. What team is going to follow that?"

Phillips was fired in midway through the 2010 season after the Cowboys got off to a 1-7 start. Before that though, Phillips led the Cowboys to two playoff appearances in three full seasons with the team and went 34-22 as coach, even when you include the 1-7 record in 2010.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...-figure-out-why-jason-garrett-still-has-a-job

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

I wonder from time-to-time how an NFL QB doesn't know the overtime rules...

lambertjr, Omen and Buck Fenson like this.
  3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

mcnabb is terrible on tv when hes not playing football but I agree with his statement im surprised garrett is there

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

i love it. all he does is rip people.

5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

He was playing air guitar while saying it.

LebaneseFF, Jihad Joe, 86WARD and 2 others like this.
  6. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

He's still there because JJ needs a puppet.

7. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

my thinking is that Wade helped with the defense more and that is why the defense was better under him. And he had some pretty good players also. Jason don't know defense and therefor relying on people that obviously can't do the j0b. Romo will win you regular season games but just lacks that something to get them over the top. I thank God that Coach Payton wasn't able to get him back then. Until you get another qb you will be 8-8 or a couple of games above or below.

8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I wonder how McNabb has a job anywhere...

Steve12 likes this.
  9. 86WARD

86WARD -

[​IMG]

10. Buck Fenson

that was more like air bass.

11. DawkinsINT

More like air head.

12. Buck Fenson

I actually like that candy. after a few tokes, munch on some air heads. epic.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  13. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Came here for this comment.

14. DawkinsINT

Was it as satisfying as you dreamed it would be? If not, we may have Snickers in the back.

15. DawkinsINT

It's ducking mesmerizing. I've never felt more embarrassed for another human being in my life.

16. Steve12

It was. I would still accept a snickers though.

17. DawkinsINT

Sorry, those are for the unsatisfied...mostly Cowboys fans dealing with Garrett as their coach.

Buck Fenson likes this.
  18. Steve12

Also walnuts' lovers, I expect.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  19. 86WARD

86WARD -

I could watch it for hours...I laugh, hard, everytime he slams the glass...

20. DawkinsINT

Hey-O!!!!

I think he realized while doing the air bass (Buck Fenson) that he was making an ass of himself so instantly tried to toughen up, but did it in a way just as embarrassing as what he was trying to escape from.

Buck Fenson and Omen like this.