Four Saints Players Suspensions Overturned On Appeal

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by Sweets, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The four players suspended by the NFL for their involvement in the New Orleans Saints "bounty" program have had their suspensions overturned by a three-member appeal panel, a union source said Friday.

Jonathan Vilma was suspended the entire 2012 regular season, Anthony Hargrove for eight games, Will Smith for four games and Cleveland Browns linebacker Scott Fujita three games.

Vilma took to Twitter to express his satisfaction about the ruling.

Source: NFL.com

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  2. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

I'll say it again....

FREAK.YOU.GOODELL

3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Ha. This is awesome. Goodell can suck a rod.

4. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Will this lead to Payton appealing?

5. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

I'm a little bit suprised by this.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Awesome! Screw Goodell and his "power."

7. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

I was wondering about Payton. But, I know the players have the NFLPA to guide them. Who exactly would be behind Payton or Loomis or Benson?

8. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

I wonder if he'll try it.

9. Chipper10

Who knows? Goodell is ignorant. This has to have taken a shot at his ego. He may try to do that.

10. Saintsfan1972

and for those who want to claim it was overturned by Louisiana judges......the three-member appeals panel comprised of retired federal Judge Fern Smith of San Francisco, retired federal Judge Richard Howell of New York, and Georgetown professor James Oldham

11. Chipper10

Pretty awesome. You know they'll still hate. That's what haters do. People will find ANY excuse to claim this was not the right thing to do..without actually having proof.

12. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I hate Goodell, I think he is an arrogant douche bag with little rod syndrome, but one thing he isn't is ignorant.

13. Chipper10

Depends on how you look at it. He's ignorant enough to turn half his 'employees' against him. Refs. players. Some owners. I just wish he'd get booted at some point.

This whole Bounty Gate. The Steelers can't stand him. There's others, and I just can't wait til the day he's gone.

14. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Doesn't make him ignorant, just an butthole.

15. Saintsfan1972

the NFL is dealing with a serious PR issue here......they may want to think long and hard about their next step

16. Chipper10

Do they now reach a 'settlement' on a 'punishment'? Thing is, Goodell has to prove this now, if he wants to suspend them again. How far does this go? We thought once the season starts, it would be over. Apparently, not.

17. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I'm very surprised by this.

But I like it.

Goodell just got virtually punched in the jaw.

18. Saintsfan1972

BTW....this is nowhere near being over. It's going to drag out for awhile....remember the StarCaps crap....I see it going like that

19. Saintsfan1972

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he suspended them again on Monday...lol

20. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

On the original question, Payton didn't get suspended for the bounty program he got suspended for lying about it so I think his will be upheld.