Fran Tarkenton Blames Brett Favre For Losing The NFC Championship

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jan 29, 2010.

1. The Hall of Fame former Vikings QB Fran Tarkenton who called Brett Favre's return to the NFL "despicable" last year said he blames Favre for the Vikings loss to the Saints on Sunday in the NFC championship game. "They were the better team. Their offense turned the ball over five times, the Viking offense but still if he didn't make that stupid play at the end of the game they would have won the game." Tarkenton said on 97.5 FM in Philadelphia.

Source: USA Today

2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

truth if he ran it instead they would be in field goal range

3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Good call, Fran. Great analysis.

4. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

i guess he missed those AdrianPetterson fumbles

5. markaz

Screw the fumbles and idiotic penalties. Fran would've put the team on his back and led them to victory. Just ask him.

6. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

SB XI - Attempts-35 Completions-17 Yards-205 Y/A-5.9 TD-1 Int-2 Rating-52.7

SB IX - Attempts-26 Completions-11 Yards-102 Y/A-3.9 TD-0 Int-3 Rating-14.7

SB VIII - Attempts-28 Completions-18 Yards-182 Y/A-8.5 TD-0 Int-1 Rating-67.9

With that kind of resume & intimate knowledge of how to perform in clutch games, how could we not listen to your wisdom, Frannie?

2 people like this.
  7. markaz

BURN!!

8. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

lol....it must be hard to be so wrong about favre....ya he didn't win the superbowl, but everyone and their mom said he wouldn't even make the whole season let alone lead the team into the championship game while only throwing 7 picks the whole year.... fran tarkenton you are an BUTT

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

he's right.

it is farve's fault, just like it's any other qb's fault in that position that coughs up the football with the game on the line.

i should know, i'm an eagles fan.

10. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

This is the outcome Fran wanted. It would have killed him for Favre to bring a Lombardi to Minnesota.

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

valid point.

12. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Tarkus killed it. +rep

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

what does tarkeenton's own record in super bowls have to do with anything ? does that mean marino is not allowed to criticzie any other qb ? jim kelly ? crap trent dilfer rips everyone and who the hell is he ?

14. SoDev

What does what you just said have to do with anything? Has Marino, or Kelly, or Dilfer been on Favre's rod with their biased whining all year? Are we talking about Dilfer, who is currently an NFL analyst?

Point is that biased old curmudgeon has crap for room to talk.

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

umm, it has everything to do with it, he is being asked to give his opinion, just like the others i mentioned and discounting his comments just because he didn't put up good numbers is weak.

16. Tarkus

Actually my point was more about what he should know about a team loss than it was about discounting his opinion with his weak SB #s.

The Vikings as a team in those 3 SB losses point to a full team breakdown, not the result of any one player. Sure, Favre should take his fair share of the blame by not producing at the end of regulation but I've always been of the mind that just using the last seconds of a game instead of the boatload of mistakes that are the real reason why it was even possible for a team to be in the position lose to be the weak argument.

Frannie should have been well schooled about that IMO...

17. SoDev

He's not analyzing... heck his opinion, he's openly biased and he's been talking crap and piling on all year and he has no room to talk about another QB failing in big spots. Stop being stuck up on the numbers/credibility thing just to make argument.

18. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Just STFU already Sir Francis.

19. Tarkus

& here I was, trying to be politically correct but yea....that. :icon_cheesygrin:

20. markaz

Mercury Morris, and now Fran Tarkenton...........my early leaders for induction into the STFU Hall of Fame.

2 people like this.