Free Agent FB Heath Evans Will Retire After 10 Years In The League

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Chipper10, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Free agent fullback Heath Evans has announced that he's retiring from the National Football League, but has accepted a multi-year contract with the NFL Network. Evans made the announcement over a series of tweets this morning. "I have decided 2 retire after 10 great yrs n the NFL! I have accepted a multi-yr contract w/ @nflnetwork & I'm n the process of moving my family to L.A. to join my new team! Words cannot express my gratitude for the love that has been shown to my family & I over the course of my blessed career!" A third-round pick (82nd overall) out of Auburn by the Seattle Seahawks in 2001, Evans ran for 579 yards and four touchdowns and caught 57 passes for 439 yards and four touchdowns out of the backfield during his 10-year career. The 32-year-old Evans played most of his 143 career games with the Seahawks (61), but most of his production as a runner and receiver came during his four-year, 54-game stint with the New England Patriots, where he played, after a brief stint with the Miami Dolphins, from 2005-08. Evan finished his career with the New Orleans Saints, earning a Super Bowl ring in 2009.

Source MacsFootballBlog.com

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2011
  2. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Best of luck. A stand up guy. Always has been.

3. cKlass

cKlass Rookie

There's no doubt in my mind he'll do well on TV.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Saw him doing Saints camp yesterday on NFLN. He wasn't bad.

5. DatR3al

DatR3al No Days Off

Could see this coming a mile away. He either wants to play with the Saints or nobody. Best of luck to ya Heath.