Free Agent OT Flozell Adams Visiting The Steelers

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by Sweets, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports offensive tackle Flozell Adams' agent told ESPN's Calvin Watkins that his client is visiting the Steelers. The veteran tackle was released in April by the Cowboys. Adams was drafted in the second round out of Michigan State in 1998 by Dallas and has five Pro Bowl berths. Adams started 178 of his 182 games for Dallas.

Source: ESPN.com

Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  2. blkngldbabe

blkngldbabe Come Get Some!

Is he not a red flag for character? Can't recall.

3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

hes a hot head and gets fined alot...kemo and colon are both guys with anger issues too

swallow your pride steelers, you need him

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Not too bad, he just has a problem with tripping and the Giants.

5. Slowzell is a punk...but Pittsburgh doesn't really have much of a choice.

He would be a good right tackle at this stage of his career.

6. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

i knew we should have held onto jammal brown a little longer....:icon_frown:

7. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I'd love this signing.

8. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

Trade Rothlisberger for Jordan Gross.

9. [​IMG]

10. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Eh, he is barely even mediocre at this stage in his career

Starks is probobly a better LT then Adams now

11. Crowned

Without question

12. Jihad Joe

Adams would a nice RT. He is still a freaking mauler a a run blocker. He jut cant consistantly stay with the speed rushers anymore

13. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

I can't wait for if/when Flozell and Suggs play across from one another for two whole games. That should be interesting.

14. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

dude is still a great run blocker, a liability in the pass game and at least a penalty a game, but will open up the lane for Mendenhall. seems like a nice fit for Pitt if they truly are going back to a focus on the run.

15. Jihad Joe

Put him on the right side and the penalty's are erased. Alot of people dont know he is deaf in his right ear.

As far as fit, are they gonna shift Starks to the Left? Flo was serviceable at LT in 2009, but he is declining, and as a LT he may be done if he loses another step. Great fit if they play him on the right side. At 34, may even get a few years out of him

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

If Adams is on the right side and he is line up with Sugg's, Adams would erase Suggs.

For a guy that has been blocking the likes of Strahan, Cole, Kearse, Uminyora, and Tuck, Im sure he isnt too worried about an overrated pass rusher like T-Fizzle

16. Crowned

:icon_twisted:

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

Colon was good for one penalty a game...that's a wash.

18. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

ive been saying that on a steelers board that on the right the penalties will go down cause his left ear is to the QB. he might be dirty as far as tripping and stuff, so that makes him the hines ward of the offensive line, who cares....not my pocket hes hurting if he throws a cheap shot. colon is a terrific drive blocker but he has problems with speed rushers too, its an upgrade still imo and if not its at least a wash

19. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

Beast for the Steelers if they sign him, they need him very badly.. just the thing Flozell needed to happen was an important OL to go down to injuries.

20. Crowned

I keep coming to GIF hoping to see news that we've signed him, but I'm sure the Steelers will drop the ball again.