Free Agent QB Peyton Manning To Join The Broncos

Discussion in 'Denver Broncos' started by Sweets, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Free agent quarterback Peyton Manning will sign with the Denver Broncos, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports, terms were not immediately disclosed. Following his release from the Indianapolis Colts, the Broncos were the first team that Manning met with, spending two days in Dove Valley, Colorado with executive vice president John Elway, general manager Brian Xanders, head coach John Fox and offensive coordinator Mike McCoy. Manning had subsequent visits with the Arizona Cardinals, Miami Dolphins, Tennessee Titans and San Francisco 49ers, but the Broncos have remained the front-runners for the services of the 11-time Pro Bowler and four-time NFL MVP who has passed for over 50,000 yards and 399 regular season touchdown passes. Denver has a solid defense and offensive line and showed a willingness last season to tailor the offense around the strengths of their quarterback. Manning had already informed the Dolphins and Seattle Seahawks, who expressed interest in Manning, that he wouldn't be joining them, both teams focused their quarterback search on Matt Flynn and Alex Smith, with the Seahawks signing Flynn and the Dolphins engaging in negotiations with Smith, who had hoped to return to the 49ers on a three-year deal before the start of free agency.

Source: Mac's Football Blog

2. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

Wow I thought we had him....Bronco D and O line are pretty good though.

3. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

awesome he stays out of the NFC....hopefully Smith signs with Miami and we can enjoy the meltdown in SanFran :icon_twisted:

4. mtzninersfan

I hate to say it but Alex Smith isnt exactly irreplaceable. In other news, a frustrated Drew Brees has open contract negotiations with San Francisco.

5. alkaholik

alkaholik Jack Daniels is my god

if tebow leaves, miami would be the perfect fit, talk about selling seats on that!

if smith signs with miami who do you think sf will turn to?

6. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

THIS.

San Fran would have been a heckin' nightmare this year with him. The big question mark at QB will hurt them.

You heard it here first... with Alex Smith widdle feelers hurt, HARBAUGH IS GOING TO GIVE UP THE FARM FOR THE #1 OVERALL PICK TO GET LUCK.

Book it.

7. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I don't see the colts giving up the first pick no matter what the 49ers would offer.

8. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

New QB means someone new has to learn the offense.

While I think very little of Smith, 17/5 TD/INT ration is very good.

Now if you heckers get Brees SOMEHOW, I am just throwing this season in the crapter.

9. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

:icon_cheesygrin:

Me either. But you KNOW Harbaugh will make a few calls!

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

where dem tebow luvin mofo's at ?

11. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, i'm not sure if we will ever hear the determining factors of why denver was chosen but i can't help but wonder if the enticement of ownership in the team post-playing days had something to do with it.

I know it's easy to dismiss as not a big deal but it may have been a big deal to peyton.

12. Stinger75

Stinger75 It's Showtime, Folks!

My God, My God why have you forsaken me?
    [​IMG]

13. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

:kicknads:

14. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Destination Unknown?

[​IMG]

15. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

So Tebow finally lost his virginity now that Elway screwed him...

Sent from my LG-970h using TapaTalk

16. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Paeyton too much of a cat to handle the pressure of playing for a "sure thing" in SF, takes the Broncos where if he doesnt succeed it can be blamed on his lack of supporting cast and not tarnish his legacy. Screw him.

17. mtzninersfan

Ya pretty funny....he said he didn't like sf because of the expectations????

"Looks guys, im not trying to win a Superbowl or anything, just play in a couple of wild card games. Like what happened last year....beating pitt only to lose to ne, thatd be ideal!"

18. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

san fan hecked

19. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Hahahahahhaha. No.

20. mtzninersfan

Yes because alex smiff is best eva