Friday Morning Report: Pro Bowl selections due today

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by Omen, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

[​IMG]
    John Fennelly, Lead Writer

As the Giants prepare to face the Washington Redskins in their final game for 2013, the gloom and doom can be marginalized if several players get named when the Pro Bowl selections are announced today.

“I think we’ve got guys that have had years that warrant them an opportunity to go over there, and hopefully that happens for a couple guys,” said Justin Tuck. He was asked if S Antrel Rolle could be one of them…

“I think he’s the top one, obviously. I think he’s our defensive MVP this year and I think he’s played Pro Bowl-ish. Absolutely.”

DC Perry Fewell feels both players deserve to go to Hawaii….

“I definitely have a gut feeling,” said Fewell on Thursday. “I think Antrel Rolle has performed at that level. I think Justin Tuck has definitely performed at that level. Right off the top of my head, those two guys are deserving. Could there be more? I don’t know.”

Rolle is almost certain to go, especially if the Seahawks win the NFC. Both of their safeties – Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor -were leading in the voting last week. If Seattle makes the Super Bowl none of their players will be able to attend the game and will need to be replaced.

GEICO SportsNite has sound from Justin Tuck and Antrel Rolle as the Giants prepare to take on the Redskins on Sunday.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Source: Continue reading...