Giants FS Antrel Rolle On Miami Booster Nevin Shapiro: "That Guy Is Irrelevant"

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by BigBlueBruiser, Aug 17, 2011.

1. In a report by Yahoo! Sports, New York Giants safety and former University of Miami standout Antrel Rolle is alleged to have accepted thousands of dollars in cash gifts, a $7,500 watch, multiple trips to strip clubs and nightclubs and other impermissible benefits from Nevin Shapiro, a former university booster. Rolle addressed the allegations and his relationship with Shapiro Wednesday afternoon. He did not issue any direct denial when asked about the veracity of claims in the Yahoo! report. "Right now, to me it doesn't matter what's true and what's not true," Rolle said. "Like, there's really nothing for me to comment on with this guy. Obviously he's on a rampage to cause, you know, havoc. And, you know, I'm just going to let him do his talking because right now it's really irrelevant and it (doesn't) concern me at this point." Rolle is alleged in the Yahoo! report to have accepted $1,500 in bounties for in-game accomplishments, trips on Shapiro's yacht, food, drinks and entertainment at Shapiro's $2.7 million home and transportation to and from nightclubs and strip clubs from Shapiro's bodyguards. "I'm not going to comment on him," Rolle said of Shapiro. "I'm not going to comment on the things that he may have or may not have tried to do. To me, right now, that guy is irrelevant." According to Yahoo!, Shapiro also told federal agents in taped interviews that his former partner in Axcess Sports -- then-NFL agent and current UFL commissioner Michael Huyghue -- told him that he had paid Rolle approximately $40,000 while he was playing for Miami. "He's angry. If you get 20 years in prison and you know certain things like that happen, you're going to find someone to take it out on, right?" Rolle said. "I guess we have to bite that bullet."

Source: ESPN New York

2. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Of course he's irrelevant to you now. Dipcrap.

3. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

Crap if i was a 20 year old at Miami and some dudes like hookers, alcohol, boats, food, ALL ON ME.....id be all over that.

4. YEAH DUDE!

YEAH DUDE! CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Buddy! s*x/Drugs/Cars/Money! Living like rock stars in miami oh and aborting babies! That's beyond rock star that's like Hurri Star!

5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Not quite as guilty as Cam sounded, but clearly you took money.

6. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Scum. Pure scum. I'd like to take a bat to him and freaking Kellen Winslow.

7. P16

P16 posting while intoxicated

C'mon now..really? I mean ya, he most likely broke the rules in doing so, but you're telling me youldnt be hard pressed to be partying on someone else's dime in Miami of all places at 18-19 years old? Like I said, sure its forbidden, but honestly I can't say for sure I wouldn't have broken the same rules under the circumstances.