Giants QB Eli Manning Joins Elite Club With 510 Passing Yards

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by SRW, Sep 16, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Eli Manning passed for 510 yards Sunday as the New York Giants completed their 41-34 comeback victory over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He becomes the 13th player to surpass that statistical marvel.

Manning tied Drew Brees for the ninth best single-game total in NFL history. The Lions' Matthew Stafford was the last to do it, throwing for 520 yards in Week 17 of the 2011 season against the Green Bay Packers.

Two previous Giants have passed for 500 or more yards in a game, Y.A. Tittle (505) in 1962 and Phil Simms (513) in 1985.

Source: Sporting News

2. KISSman

KISSman QB Expert

Elite QB.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Question is...Has Peyton or Archie done it...lol.

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

5. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Eli also threw 3 picks, one of which was returned fot a TD. Just sayin'.

6. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

lol yeah yard totals makes him elite, not like he put them in a huge hole he had to dig himself out of or anything.

7. ragman

His stats would have been a lot different if the Giants had not trailed by double digits.

8. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Dude had like 240 yards in the 4th quarter.

It doesn't matter what you did in the first three quarters, really. It matters what you do in the last quarter and if you win the game. And this son of a snitch rallied and won it.

9. ragman

Your favorite team will see him up close and personal in 2 weeks.

10. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I can't wait for that. Will be a great test for our new defense. The pass defense has been outstanding so far.

11. K Train

ive been noticing asomugha looking pretty average

12. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Yeah probably wasn't the nonexistent running game, the most important part about this statement is that HE dug them out of that hole. Yeah he threw 3 interceptions he also threw 3 TD's. I want to see him play consistently for a year or two, before he gets in the elite category.

13. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Maybe he just looked like he was good because he was on the Raiders. The past 2 years he really hasn't looked outstanding, I'll give him a pass last year because he was getting acclimated to a new team and defense without an offseason.

14. DawkinsINT

He's still above average. His reputation makes every time he's beat seem worse. He got burned on the double move for the TD, but his initial coverage was very good. The d-line didn't give him any help with the lack of pass rush. DRC is playing better than him and lights out though.

The main difference in the defense is the improvement with the LBs. So far Ryans and Kendricks have been an amazing upgrade.

15. K Train

he didnt look good because he was on the raiders, he was just flat out dominant on the raiders. he looked painfully average last season because they were playing him like hes asante samuel. he needs to be in press man to man, he shines when he can jam and stay on a WRs hip down the field and he could probably even get away with a lot with the replacement refs.

ive just seen emmanuel sanders school him in the preseason and seen him noticeably get beat against the browns and ravens on a few occasions (in the browns case the weeden couldnt do anything and missed wide open guys) but beat nonetheless

16. DawkinsINT

Luckily now with Asante gone they play a lot more man-to-man instead of zone. Has he been a shut-down corner so far? No. But he's far from a liability and hopefully will get better as the season goes on.

17. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

So true. I even find myself thinking 'what the heck, Nnamdi?!?' after he gives up one 25 yard pbutt.

Anyone that paid attention last year knew we weren't playing him right. I wish that year could be scratched from his books.

Fact is, no WR on the Browns got more than 41 yards receiving, and no WR on the Ravens got more than 51 yards. And Jones had ONE CATCH all game.

Don't let a 20-30 yard pass here or there fool you. Homeboy can still ball.

18. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Through two games this year he has.

He'll have a nice test next week, although I'd rather see DRC covering Fitz. You know there will be some jump balls, and Rodgers has the better hands.

19. ragman

You do know the Giants have a few extra days to prepare for the Beagles because the Giants play this Thursday night, don't you?

20. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Yeah. Sucks. Shouldn't affect the outcome of the game though.