Giants RB Brandon Jacobs Says Tony Romo Isn't That Good

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by SRW, Jul 9, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Giants running back Brandon Jacobs took some shots at Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo on Thursday in a radio interview on ESPN 1050 in New York. "I don't think he's that good a passer, to be honest with you," Jacobs said. "I'm not a fan of Tony Romo, no. Keep him in the pocket, he's not that good. His luck will be gone sooner or later. If you were to keep Tony Romo in the pocket he's not that effective."

Source: Dallas Morning News

2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

coming from a guy with eli manning on his team. Hes not that great either.

3. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

Eli's stepped up to the plate when it counts - and Jacobs is right, Tony Romo isn't that great of a QB and this may be the year he proves it.

4. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Yea he had a good game but overall i dont think hes a better QB that Tony romo.

5. Evasfunk

Evasfunk Rookie

Is that some kind of joke?! Tony can put up all the stats he wants from Sept-Nov but they are all worthless when he throws it all away in December and January...

6. The Manster

The Manster 1st Stringer

This is coming from a player that does not even play the entire game.

7. davematthews3

davematthews3 1st Stringer

O yea Brandon. Well Marions better then you. Keep your mouth shut.

8. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

Just shut up and play football, why do al these players talk so much crap....doesn't really matter who is better, who is worse, who is lucky, who gives a crap...If youre team is playing in the last game of the season, thats all that really matters

9. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

not his place to be judging the talent of the cowboys, leave that to us. this is kinda funny coming from someone who takes handoffs from eli manning though. say what you want but eli is no superstar come late season and the playoffs either....07 was a magical year for them but the defense won those games, since the beginning of his career he has been pretty notoriously bad in the late season

10. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

How is it not his place to judge the talent of Romo coming from the perspective of someone who has seen him up close from the sideline many times?

He didn't say that Eli was better, so who Brandon takes handoffs from isn't relevant in what he had to say.

Jacobs spoke from a more educated perspective than any of us know.

Could he be wrong? Sure. But he knows more than we do.

11. Evasfunk

Evasfunk Rookie

Great post...the fact that Eli and Barber were even brought up in this is ridiculous

12. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

its just not really professional to say you arent a fan of another player, especially one in your division, your not supposed to be a part of his fan base. hes calling out romo for seemingly no reason

13. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

Meh, locker room material for the 'Boys... if they're that motivated.

Jacobs would win in a street fight.

14. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

The biggest problem here is the ESPN showed the stats of Romo in pocket vs. out and it was night and day in favor of being in the pocket. Something stupid like a 90+qb rating vs. 70ish out of pocket.

Brandon, at least get your facts straight when you crap talki... oh wait, he's just talking crap, heck #'s! :icon_lol:

15. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I don't think that he called him out for no reason. It was part of an interview where he gave his honest opinion to a question asked.

It's a matter of should he avoid the question or answer it honestly to his beliefs.

16. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

who's got the ring here?

17. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Ok so he laid out the blue print how to stop Romo, whoopidee doo, anyone can point out another players weaknesses, but why come out with this right now. Brandon Jacobs is most effective between the tackles if you force him to the outside he won't get as many yards. His luck will soon run out. DA FUK?

18. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

This just in: TJ doesn't think Brandon Jacobs is that good.

More to follow.

:icon_rolleyes:

19. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Damn, I'm so sick of my sports news being interrupted by ESPN Deportes. :eek:hboy:

20. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

LMFAO!!!!