Giants Select Nebraska CB Prince Amukamara (Rd.1, No.19)

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by SRW, Apr 28, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

With the 19th overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the New York Giants select Nebraska CB Prince Amukamara. Amukamara has the size, speed and awareness to start from day one and turn into one of the league's finer players at the cornerback position. He takes advantage of his instincts and smarts in zone coverage but also has the ability to hold up when asked to cover on an island. He also possesses good overall ball skills and hands. He will help out and support the run. There isn't any major weaknesses in his game, but isn't a true burner in terms of straight-line speed.

Source: NFL.com

2. Move over Revis......

Prince is now the king of New York.

Didn't expect him to be available at No. 19 but Reese is following his BPA strategy. Hell of a pick!

3. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Hell of a pick sure but move over Revis? Your joking right?

4. Maybe I'm being a bit overzealous....but Prince being as good as Revis isn't out of the question. Prince is talented.....he was considered a Top 10 selection.

Prince can certainly become a top 10 CB in the league with his impressive size, speed and athletic ability.

Maybe one day......he'll have his own "Prince's" Island.

5. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Screw yes! Can't believe he fell... Whoot!

Sent from the Bolt via Tapatalk

1 person likes this.
  6. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Very nice pick

7. Now we've got a corner that can matchup man-to-man with Miles Austin and DeSean Jackson in the NFC East.

I expect Prince to push for one of the starting spots in camp. He'll be our No. 1 CB in a year or two.

8. Omen

Gonna be some great battles being okayed in the NFC Beast

sent from my HTC EVO using tapatalk

9. Prince will certainly be a help against teams like New Orleans....we got burned like toast the last time we faced them.

10. Omen

I wanna see Dez vs Prince...

sent from my HTC EVO using tapatalk

11. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Prince better get the jam on Desean cause he can't keep up with him

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Great pick for the Giants. Some of the better CB depth in the league...

13. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

Don't know about move over Revis lol but it's a nice pick.

14. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Pissed that we let the Giantd have this guy when we clearly need corner help. Don't know how you don't trade up a few spots and get him.

But glad they didn't snag a top OL in the first.

15. great pick. I wonder who is gonna have to GTFO in NY?

16. Hey.....I have the right to be excited. :icon_cheesygrin:

Maybe in three years time......who knows. :icon_cool: lol

I'm excited about getting a Top 10 player at No. 19. He'll definitely be an upgrade at the CB position and add the athleticism we haven't had there in quite some time.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2011
  17. I'm not sure about that yet.

But my guess would be Aaron Ross. First round pick four years ago and had some trouble staying healthy the last two seasons.

Prince automatically becomes the Giants' most talented DB in the secondary.

I think Prince right now could be the nickelback with the chance to battle with one of the starting spots in camp.

18. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

As a Giants fan I was really happy with this Pick. I hope he does well and can help out our secondary