GIF Members That Aren't Eagles Or Cowboys Fans

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by chiefswin19games, Oct 12, 2008.

1. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

For the GIF members who aren't Cowboys or Eagles fans - what do you think about these two teams? What have you thought of them in the past?

In my personal opinion, I can appreciate the talent on both of the teams now and when I was growing up watching football. I do have to say I like the Eagles a little more than I like the 'Girls though. :icon_cheesygrin:

2. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Do we have to stay out of this?

3. chiefswin19games

Nah man, post away.:icon_cool:

4. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I hate the Cowboys. Never minded the Eagles, as they've never really been any competition for us. Either we were dominant and they blew or we blew and they were...decent. We never got that rivalry going on like 9ers/Cowgirls. I really liked Randall Cunningham.

5. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Are we commenting on the teams or their fans?

6. chiefswin19games

Agree 100%.

7. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

I wont start because I wont finish

8. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Never been a Cowboys fan although I always respected the winning tradition of that team. My brother is an Eagles fan and it's always fun to give him a hard time about my teams 5 rings to his teams 0.....maybe that's why I tease the Eagles fans online so much. Respect for both teams though....it's just easier to dislike the Boys with the history of my team and theirs in the Super Bowl.

9. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Dallas has more talent than the Eagles, but Eagles probably have better gameplans drawn week in and week out. Dallas hasn't peaked yet and they haven't put together a full 60 minutes of good football. It's way to early in the season to say whos going to do what or this and that. Maybe its safe to say Dallas was a bit overrated heading into the season?

It's like a never ending Circus down here. Who knows, Jerruh might go after somebody before the deadline after a terrible losS to the Cardinals.

Sorry, I know this wasn't directed at me but I had to chime in.

10. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

wow, really starting something here, lol

11. chiefswin19games

Cowboys and Eagles fans are welcome to post Roy. You're good.

Part of the reason I started the thread is so you and your fellow Cowboys fans could read about what fans of other teams thought about your team. Same with the Eagles fans.

The other big reason is because a lot of the traffic on the site seems to come from fans of both of said teams.

12. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Yeahh I hear ya. Whenever its Cowboys you know its good for 5 pages. Whether its Pac Man beating up Body Guards or Owens saying goofy crap.

I guess we could have a Raiders & Chiefs thread but that wouldn't be exciting seeing as how they are both 1-4. But I got love for the Chiefs. JC and D Johnson are my boys. And they even have Derek Lokey a DT on the PR. Crapttttt!

13. lruddicks

lruddicks kcs redneck

i dont mind the eagles but have always hated the cowboys both have had some great players

14. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Eagles don't bother me

I hate the Cowboys.

15. chiefswin19games

Looks like we have a trend here...

16. Cletusaurus

Cletusaurus YES! YES! YES!

I really couldn't care less for either team... but to me, Eagles fans just seem more passionate about their team than Cowboys fans. The Cowboys are, essentially, the Yankees of the NFL- biggest group of bandwagon fans in their league (you can say "Patriots fans" all you want, but they don't come close), all they can say to argue with you is "oh yeah? Most rings!" (without remembering they share that record), a general air about them like they're cool cause they root for the Cowboys, etc. etc.

As for the players on the field? Sure, I dislike certain players for certain reasons, but as long as they're out there competing, I'll respect them.

17. bizell

bizell NFL-Fans refugee

hate the cowboys, like the eagles

18. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

My father is a giant fan so I don't really care for either. I dislike jerry jones more then whomever owns the eagles.

19. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

My late Dad, besides the local teams, was a Boy and a G-Men fan. Dad was taught English and PE at City College in Baltimore by the late great George Young while he was with the Baltimore Colts before making his trek to The New York Football Giants. Dad also respected America's Team from the Roger The Dodger days. Dad was in The Navy and rooted for a Naval Academy Graduate who done good. I went to Super Bowl's XXVII and XXVIII basically because I enjoy Championship Football and at the time Baltimore did not have a football team. Saw live back to back Boys Championships in the Rose Bowl and the Georgia Dome. Bought Dad and the family a lot of Boys Championship stuff that We continue to wear, when appropriate, to honor his memory. I am a Boy Fan in honor of Dad.

PS: MRAVEN married a Jersey girl and Giant Fan. When I walked into their palatial estate last Super Bowl Sunday I said The New York Football Giants are going to beat the New England Patriots. His wife and I enjoyed the last high five of the season.

20. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

You have some great stories MG.