GIF Weekend Primer - Week 4

Discussion in 'NFL Writer's Block' started by Steve12, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

[​IMG]

Welcome back to the GIF Weekend Primer. Sorry for last week’s hiatus. As I said in another thread, I couldn’t put GTA V down long enough to eat a real meal, much less write an article. So that’s my bad, now let’s move on and look ahead at a couple of tomorrow’s most interesting games.

Seahawks vs. Texans
    [ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-previews/0ap2000000251068/Preview-Seattle-Seahawks-vs-Houston-Texans]Preview: Seattle Seahawks vs. Houston Texans - NFL Videos[/ame]

The Seahawks came into the season with big expectations, and have not disappointed. They’ve been even better than most people probably expected. They have the league’s top defense, a +6 turnover ratio, and their margin of victory is sky high. Russell Wilson hasn’t been perfect, but he’s been really good. This team looks like it could beat anyone right now. Just ask the 49ers or Jaguars, who both got demolished by the Seahawks the last 2 weeks. The Texans on the other hand, haven’t looked as good. They have a 2-1 record, but to me they don’t look like a legit threat to seriously contend. DeAndre Hopkins has been good. Maybe even better than Johnson. That’s good for the Texans future, but not necessarily for the present. This game should give us a decent look at what both of these teams are. I expect Seattle to win pretty easily.

Seattle – 38
    Houston - 24

Patriots vs. Falcons
    [ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-previews/0ap2000000251071/Preview-New-England-Patriots-vs-Atlanta-Falcons]Preview: New England Patriots vs. Atlanta Falcons - NFL Videos[/ame]

The Falcons were a favorite to reach the Super Bowl prior to the season, but obviously they haven’t lived up to those lofty expectations. Injuries have been a problem, especially Roddy White. He’s been playing decoy all season, and the offense has suffered. Obviously my rooting interests hope this keeps up at least one more week. Word is that Gronk and Amendola will play in this game, but I know better than to put any eggs in either of those baskets. I don't expect much out of either one, but I hope for the best. It's hard to say which of these teams is really better right now. The Pats have the better record, but they aren't even close to being the most impressive 3-0 team in the league. The Falcons are probably better than 1-2, but those injures have been killers. This is a tough one to call, but I'm going homer.

Patriots - 21
    Falcons - 17

2. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

I think Houston will defend their home turf. New England has the edge against ATl due to possibly being on the better side of the injury situation comparably

3. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Come on Texans...although SRW will hate me saying this but the Seahawks on the road, COME ON TEXANS!!!

4. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I think Seattle is the better team but I think they get by the Texans, just barely.

5. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Nice pick there, they did end up barely get by the Texans.

6. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Yep that was a good call. Much closer than I expected.