Helmet Color Change (Rumor)

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by brakos82, Mar 6, 2008.

1. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

One of those he said, she said, but I heard that the Raiders were thinking of using a black helmet during some games compared to the classic grey in 2009.

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

:eek:hboy:

Merchandising!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

That would suck. I like making fun of the Raiders but their uniform is one of the most recognizable in sports...
    They have used a black helmet just for their first 2 years (according to this site), no historical reason for a change. Hope it's just a rumor.

4. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

i wouldn't like that either

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

I agree with DoubleD up there...Their helmet and uniforms are sweet. They've been one of the few not to ruin a good thing...if they did it for two games...great. If they are talking permanent, I have a problem.

6. 5x49ers

5x49ers Starter

How about an owner change?

7. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

When Al freezes over. :cowboy1:

8. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

he probably will be frozen so he can come back and take them back over and drive them back into the ground

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

cool website!

10. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Ok, the Raiders colors are silver and black. Then why go with a black helment for some games in 2009? Thats stupid if you ask me.

11. Marion Who?

Marion Who? Captain Stiff Arm

Hell, whatever goes when you need to win some games.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

[​IMG]

13. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

pink would be a good color

14. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Id like to see the logo with the white in the helmet as opposed to the black inside of the pirate. That could be pretty cool, but yeah, the black helmet would look ridiculous.

and to be honest, Sweet Al is already dead. It's just a puppet theyre using.

15. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

Oh no, the Raiders are renown for their silver helmets... It'd be idiotic for them to change them to black helmets, let alone the fact it'd look horrible.

16. Cletusaurus

Cletusaurus YES! YES! YES!

I don't have the shots on my computer, but I've seen pictures of the Raiders ALSO possibly changing to a red jersey? :lol:

17. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

Is it some kind of anniversary year or the Raiders so they will just be wearing retro kits for a game or 2? Like the Jets, Eagles, Redskins and Steelers did last year.

18. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

:icon_lol:

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

Shut the Screw Up...are you serious?!? That would be ridiculous!!! Please tell me Clet...you're yanking my chain?

This should be the ONLY Retro Helmet the Raiders use...

[​IMG]

20. WC Jerome

WC Jerome The poster formerly known as 'MK'!!

It might work, if they made the logos silver. I would hav to see how it would look.