Hey Cowboys Fans!!! Thoughts On Offseason Moves Thus Far?

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by baileyg1986, Apr 15, 2012.

1. baileyg1986

baileyg1986 DallasAllDayEveryDay

Hey guys/gals,

New to the site feel free to add me to your friends lists. I am looking for a place to talk football and hopefully this is the spot.

Anyway, I was wondering what your thoughts are on the Cowboys moves so far in the offseason.

IMO, I think the decision to cut T-New, was a good move. I would like to see Scandrick and Jenkins cut as well. Scandrick's play has regressed significantly since signing that 25 million dollar contract two years ago. Jenkins looked lost in coverage and is horrible technique wise when it comes to bump coverage.

We desperately need a safety....Signing Brodney Pool is a start but we need an infusion of young talent at that position.

I would like to see us draft secondary help, some linebackers and a real nose tackle. Ratliff is really a DE not a NT.

Anyway I'm ramblin'...What are your thoughts...

2. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Welcome to a fellow Cowboys fan!

I like what they have done, but idk about putting the franchise tag on Spencer.

3. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Carr makes Jenkins the #2 CB, which is where he thrived in 2009, so that could upgrade 2 spots in 1. The other moves. They add depth, but nothing to write home about

Word is the Cowboys are locked into Poe at 14, with Barron as the fall back if he s drafted, so that either takes care of NT or Safety

Callahan has also done a private workout with Amni Silatulo, the best OG in the draft

4. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

I don't think there's any reason to get rid of Jenkins or Scandrick, I wasn't aware people felt that way. Jenkins was playing injured almost all season and Scandrick can't be judged on playing on the outside so much as he can playing as the nickel CB where he excels.

My only true concern for this team is WR, which I hope we address at some point in the draft (obviously not the first). Yeah, we have other positions of weakness but I KNOW we'll address them, I don't know we will address receiver. The thought of having to endure Ogletree having any kind of important role in our offense makes me want to vomit.

5. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

Poe seems to be a good choice at 14. He's one of the 3 I would like to see us get.

Cut Jenkins and Scandrick? ... I was about to welcome you to GIF, now not so sure.

The newman move was a no brainer.

I like that we were aggressive to a certain extent in FA.

I would like to see us if the right deal came along to move back a little bit in the draft to get more picks.

I think we need some help elsewhere besides Dline and Secondary. WR after losing Laurent for sure.

6. Jihad Joe

Considering that we haven't brought in many guys in the 3rd/4th/5th round range for visits, I think we are more likley to trade up then down. Bill Callahan did a private workout with Silatulo after his pro day, so I can really see them trading back into the late first for him

Sent by HTC Vivid using Tapatalk

7. ragman

For what it's worth, I've heard that the Cowboys are locked on Poe at #14. If he's taken, they'll take Barron.

Also, this morning, there's an article in today's Dallas Morning News saying that the Cowboys are showing an interest in RB Cyrus Gray of Texas A&M. If he's still there, they may use a fourth-round pick to get him.

8. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

IMO I hope the cowboys take Poe or Barron with first

Cowboys need a real nt or a qb at safety

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

I want either Poe Or Barron as well in the 1st.

10. ragman

What do all of you think of Joe Adams, a WR/PR from the U of Arkansas, as a late round pick?

11. Jihad Joe

I would love Adams, We seriously need a #3 WR and a returner.........Seems we alway need a returner

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2