Hossa To Detroit? Why Crosby Was Surprised

Discussion in 'Hockey Talk' started by CP26, Sep 13, 2008.

1. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

If you are among the hockey fans who were shocked to see Marian Hossa end up in Detroit this offseason, you're not alone.Sidney Crosby was equally stunned, especially after bumping into Hossa at a Bahamas resort in June and going home convinced he was going to get his star winger back in the Penguins' fold.

Source: ESPN - Pierre Hossa to Detroit? Why Crosby was surprised

2. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

I wasn't surprised. Hossa will be another good player for the Wings. A good player, not a leader, not a teammate, a good player. That's all he's ever been and ever will be.

3. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

They have awesome players and are able to sign Hossa. Our Kings will get cap penalty because they arent spending enough(Its not a joke).

4. dohcdelsol93

dohcdelsol93 Starter

Hossa wants a ring before retirement!

5. chiefswin19games

It is unfortunate but I would rather have leaders and good teammates on my team. Especially the Kings right now with their youth.

6. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

KINGS RULE!!!!

7. dohcdelsol93

dohcdelsol93 Starter

the Pens have the same problem. It sucks losing Gary Roberts.

I wish we could pull a guy like Shannahan or Chelios.

We need some good experienced players to get us to a win in the finals.

The pens speed and skill is good enough to play any west coast team, the just need to keep their heads up and feet moving

8. chiefswin19games

Shanny's the man. He would be a good fit for the Pens. I wouldn't mind him out here either.

9. dohcdelsol93

dohcdelsol93 Starter

He's one of those players like Messier that are just as good on the bench as they are out on the ice.

If he's not burnt out on hockey by the time he hangs up his skates he'll make a hell of a coach

10. L.Johnson #27

L.Johnson #27 C-H-I-E-F-S - G-A-L-A-X-Y

The Ducks want Shanny ....

11. wittgenstein

wittgenstein Starter

Losing Hossa was crushing. He wants a ring, which is fine, but we offered him a five-year deal. It doesn't make any sense: we have the two youngest super-stars in the league and will be cup contenders every year for the indefinite future. Sure, the Wings are stacked, but we could have had something special here in Pittsburgh if he stayed.

Anyways, it will be interesting to see how the Pens recover from the Cup hangover and losing a crap load of players.