How Far Will Hester's Athleticism Take Him?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Rush, May 28, 2009.

1. Rush

Rush Dexter > All

How Far Will Hester's Athleticism Take Him? | Bleacher Report

Article I wrote on Devin Hester and his role as a Wide Receiver. What are your thoughts? Do you think with time he can become a solid WR for the Bears? He definitely has shown progress considering he barely played WR in college outside of "reverses" and "gadget plays".

Feedback is appreciated :)

2. Rihan23

Rihan23 WR 88 Untouchable

Its difficult to say he showed alot of promise in the last weeks of the regular season last year.. if hes gotten better in the pre season im sure he is a viable No.1 reciever who can stretch the field.
    Also he will also have a QB in jay cutler who can get him the ball quick and fast :)

3. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

I liked Orton as a guy, but he's not exactly the most prolific passer. Now that Cutler is there Hester will have a chance to shine at WR. If he can't get it done with Cutler back there then he isn't WR material.

4. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

As long as Hester is used as a slot receiver, he should be ok. His first two years as a WR, he just isn't made out to be a deep ball threat. Yeah, Hester has caught a few long TD passes but when he gets a deep ball thrown his way, it's either over thrown, bounces off his shoulders, or drops it. Lets see what 2009 brings.

5. PoohBear

PoohBear Rule Beartannia!!

If he can settle into a limited role as a slot guy and nothing else that would be fine with me. I just hope he doesn't end up being a one trick pony. He's still a deadly(even though he did not have any in 2008) return guy but being an elite NFL wideout is not his thing it appears.

6. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

As long as Hester is productive in some way, shape, or form, thats fine with me.

7. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

With Cutler throwing him the ball we should be able to find out what Hester's ceiling will be in 2009 IMO.