How Will Terron Armstead Fair at LT?

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by Kurt, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

I'm wondering (worried) how Terron Armstead will fair as a starter. @LSUzilla

Why hasn't he been a backup for the previous games? Is my biggest thing.. if he wasn't good enough to be a backup, why start him?

Here's his draft analysis from http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/terron-armstead?id=2540228

STRENGTHS Armstead is a fantastic athlete for the position. He is light on his feet in pass protection, and nimble when on the move. Agile, moves well in space, shows the quickness to get to the second level and cut off linebackers. Has been asked to pull all the way across the line and has shown effectiveness in doing so. Bends and redirects well. Extends his arms to keep pass rushers at bay. Not overwhelmed by defensive twists and stunts. Does a good job of selling play fakes, draws, and screens.

WEAKNESSES Needs to improve lower body strength. Can get bull rushed back. Faced sub-par competition. Needs to speed up hands, and be more consistent with his aiming point. Gets to the second level quickly, but will struggle to locate his target, gets lost in space. Will lunge at defenders with his head down in the run game.

He did increase he weight from 304 to 315.. may help his anchoring.

2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

The saints wrote the book on developing small school uber-athletic offensive linemen.

Just because he hasnt been active isnt an indication of his skills, hes a young player and the extra time has probably served him well

Kurt likes this.
  3. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

I am wondering also how he will fare against the Carolina defense. Coach will either be a genius or a dumbbutt. Only time will tell.

4. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

I'm thinking he will improve our run game tremendously! And he can't block much worse than Charles Brown!

5. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

He has the size and speed to make you think he can succeed. I hope he brings it on Sunday. Would love nothing better than to send Steve Smith home with a loss. The only thing better would be if it was Atlanta. But beggars can't be choosy.

6. Phil

Phil Rookie

I'll be watching what goes on as well. I want him to do well, obviously.
    But I can't help but wonder why he hasn't been brought in already. It's no secret that this O-Line has under-performed quite a bit this season.