If You Were The G.M. Of An Expansion Team....

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by CaptainStubing, Apr 28, 2012.

?

How quickly would you win a SB if you had the first 22 picks with an expansion team?

Poll closed May 8, 2012.
  1. I would win a SB the first year with this method

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Season 2 or 3 after the players matured a little

20.0%
  3. It would take 4 or more years of additional drafting and maturing

80.0%
  4. This method would never win a SB

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

......... and the NFL changed the rules and you were no longer allowed to take veterans away from other NFL teams but you were now allowed to have the first 22 draft picks of the NFL draft, how quickly do you think you would win a Super Bowl with your selections?

Theoretically, your starting line-up from this year's draft would look something like this:

QB--Andrew Luck
    RB--Trent Richardson
    WR's--Blackmon, Wright, Floyd
    TE--Fleener
    O-line--Kalil, Reiff, Decastro, Glenn, Konz

i'm assuming a 3-4 defense here but if you're wanting to run a 4-3, just switch your personnel .......... you still get the first 22 picks of the draft.

D-line: Mercilus, Poe, Coples
    LB's: Ingram, Kuechly, Hightower, Upshaw
    DB's: Barron, claiborne, gilmore, smith

2. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

3 years. Gives the WRs time to develope

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i went ahead and gave myself the benefit of the doubt that i wouldn't have too many busts and could win it all within a few years.

however, history shows that about half of my picks aren't really going to be very good so it may actually take longer and several more drafts to get the right players at all of the positions.

as a side question, how many games would your roster win in their first season, keeping in mind that all of your depth would have to come from veteran and undrafted free agents?