Introducing Google's +1 Button On GridironFans.com

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by SRW, Jun 3, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

We have installed a new feature on the site. It's Google's new "+1 button which lets people who love our content recommend it on Google search. So how does it work and how does it help GridironFans.com? Check out the video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAyUNI3_V2c]YouTube - ‪Introducing the +1 Button‬‏[/ame]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  2. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

What am I missing?

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Does the more a link has plus ones rank it higher in a google search results?

Or is this just for your friendly contacts?

4. SRW

Yes and no. It helps with getting our content out there but it's not limited to just your friends and contacts. Simple rule is, if you like it, +1.

5. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

where is this plus one button at? I don't know if it states were in the video or anything my laptop is broke I have no sound until I take it apart and fix it.

6. SRW

The +1 button will appear in the first post of any thread here on GridironFans.com.

7. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Can you install a tapatalk function for this

sent from my HTC EVO using tapatalk

8. SRW

Currently it's not supported by Tapatalk. The feature will only work with the Red Gridiron skin.

9. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

This is true, except the NFL news articles you can still plus one those in the Default Skin.

10. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

I still don't see a +1

11. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

[MENTION=1194]mike oxlong[/MENTION] for the news stories the +1 is in the middle of the page under the "source" and story itself, for all the other areas the +1 is at the bottom of the 1st post in the middle of the page next to the edit, quote buttons.

12. SRW

I am still working on the positioning of the buttons but they will be in the first post in a thread every time. We currently have some work being done on the site so the placement of the +1 button is on hold for now. It still works, it just might find a new home in the template.