Is Denver For Real??

Discussion in 'Denver Broncos' started by MastuRaider, Oct 7, 2009.

1. MastuRaider

MastuRaider Special Teamer

Coming into the season I just assumed that it was a race for the AFC West cellar between KC, Denver and Oakland. What the hell happened to that Defense? Is Dawkins just one of those guys that makes everyone better or what? Damn it Al sell the team already! Sorry.

2. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

Well they win one on a fluke play and they play a team in total disarray last week. I think they'll get their losses soon.

...doesn't mean our teams won't share the cellar though.

3. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I don't know what the heck is going on in the AFC West anymore.

4. The Sith

The Sith 1st Stringer

HELL KNOW!!! They're only winning games by sure luck.

5. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

looked like their defense last week.

6. Daddy Primetime42

Daddy Primetime42 TheNationWillRiseAgain

mike nolan is a hell of a coach. Their defense is good yes they won on a fluke vs the bengals but they held tha offense in check. Something the steelers couldnt do. They might run away with the division. Orton doesnt make mistakes he is a good game manager like shaun hill.

7. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

4 games deep into the season, they have given opponents a total of 26 points. It sounds pretty for real to me. you can double their total.. and they have still given up the least points in the NFL. 49ers and Falcons are next with 56.

8. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Fluke catch or not they played a hard game against Cin, and only lost the lead in the 2 minutes... (because everyone wants to bring that up)

Point is, they remind me a bit of SF, new Coach's brought in a new tough nosed style that the teams have bought into. They are no world beater, but let your guard down and 1, 2 ya for a win any given Sun.!

So yes, they are for real in the since of they are playing good team football right now.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

the redskins started off very hot a couple of seasons ago and failed to mke the playoffs. for now they are 4-0.

10. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

No they aren't for real but they arent going to be the bad team everyone thought they were going to be. They got the Pats coming up this week so we will see how real they are. It's a measuring stick game

11. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

I think we'll see in the next few games if they're for real or not.

12. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

They only have a couple of easy games left. we will see their true colors soon enough.

13. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

You gotta think that there is some realness about them because you don't just win 4 games in a row by accident - their first 3 wins were pretty dodgy but they deserved to beat Dallas (mind you I think that speaks more to the quality of Dallas than Denver).
    They are a good second tier NFL team at this point.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

They are putting together a good case for being "real."

15. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

their next 4 games are against 4 of the best offenses in the league. we will know a lot more about denver after these 4 games. if they go 2-2 or better during this stretch, i think we will have a lot more respect for them.

16. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

This ^^^...let's see 'em beat the Giants & Eagles, and Ravens.

17. CaptainStubing

yep, everyone has been underestimating the broncos all year and now immediately after barely beating a barely average Patriots team, everyone is OVERestimating them. I'm actually hearing a lot of Super Bowl talk now about them ............. :icon_eek: .............

their next few games aren't easy. let's see how they do before we start making decisions.

18. nixaler

nixaler Pro Bowler

You dont have to blow teams away to be for real... Too many people want hype (like a Favre or Manning on the roster) or an explosive team. Since Denver wasnt very good last year people want to point to that and say they are lucky... Sometimes better lucky than good, I say!

The Broncos are for real.

19. CaptainStubing

well, i see what you're saying. however, we've all seen many teams that are 'lucky' in september/october flame out in December/January.

not everything the broncos are doing is pure luck, though. yes, they've had a lot of lucky bounces and those won't continue forever but they are fundamentally sound. it's just still too early to determine whether they are just 'good' or if they are 'great'.

20. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

they seem to be doing ok without Cutler...just like Miami last year, you can't judge a team before they play any games. Even if they aren't as good as they're playing right now they deserve a little respect IMO.