Italy Beats England On Penalties

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sports' started by Sportsguy, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

After two hours of clever, often dominating but in the end fruitless play, Italy found the answer against England.Penalty kicks.Alessandro Diamanti scored the decisive kick Sunday to send Italy through to the European Championship semifinals with a 4-2 win in the shootout following a 0-0 tie with England.Italy will next play Germany in the semifinals on Thursday in Warsaw, Poland. Defending champion Spain plays Portugal on Wednesday in Donetsk, Ukraine."We deserved this victory," Diamanti said. "The penalties rewarded our dominance during the match. It's only fair, we played a great match and battled from the first to the last minute."

Source: ESPN

2. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

England and penalty shootouts - never worked for them......

3. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Ashley Young was unlucky hitting the bar, but Ashley Cole's scuff was an utter embarrassment. But to be honest, we should easily have lost by 2 and as many as 4 in regulation time if it wasn't for the poor Italian finishing.

Plus, the last thing the National Team needs is to be completely demolished by the Germans again.

4. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

We would have enoyed it :icon_cheesygrin:
    Your team was better than expected tho

5. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Go Italy!

7. andy82

Just wondering, but do the Germans treat the match-ups with England with the level of intensity that it is over here? As in a major rivalry?

We may have performed well defensively, but our attack was the most ineffective that I can remember. Freaking horrible to watch too, especially when they are putting eight guys within the penalty area to defend the footballing powerhouse that is Ukraine.

8. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

I don't think so. England is stil an arch rival, but The Netherlands became our most "hated". All we are is annoyed, knowing that tons of Nazi references will come up :yawn:

9. you could say the same thing for Italy. Rooney had two good chances, Johnson had one, as did Ashley Young.

10. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Spain is the 1st finalist. Hope we can become the other. Italy is always hard to play. We never won against them in a tournament...

11. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Go Spain

Got to go for the mother land

12. andy82

On that basis...

Go Deutschland! Auch wenn meine Herkunft ist jetzt im heutigen Polen ... Job stehlen Arschlöcher!

13. Omen

Vamos España

Hay que darles por todas sus madres ah los italianos

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  14. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Italy vs Spain.....

15. Omen

Fixed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Spain has the chance, to become the 1st to win a EC, a WC and another EC

17. Omen

Spain's passing has been lights out inthe first half

18. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

No doubt. The pass on that second goal was a thing of beauty.

19. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

'Dems some bad motherheckers.

20. Omen

Wow Spain is just putting on a clinic