Jack Del Rio Feels Jaguars Are Ready For A Playoff Push

Discussion in 'Jacksonville Jaguars' started by SRW, Nov 11, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Jaguars head coach Jack Del Rio is upbeat about the team's chances to make a playoff run. When Del Rio was asked if the Jaguars have the talent to get hot and make a playoff run, he said, "We're going to find out. We're sure working hard. I think if you ask Maurice he'd say yes absolutely, he thinks we're no. 1 in the league. I love that about him. That's the way we should approach it. We're going to get ready to compete each week and expect to win." He added, "Anytime you go into a season with a team, your goal is to win the division, win a championship. Right now, we're 4-4. We've got a chance to continue to improve. We're going to have a stronger challenge in the second half. The games get tougher and we're going to need to get better. That's what out there. Our best football needs to be in front of us. We need to improve. If that happens, then we have a chance and that's what we're after." He noted that some teams are no longer in the race. "There's some teams that don't have that. If you're part of the Jaguars, you do. We're alive. We have a shot. There's not been a lid placed on our year right now. There's an opportunity and to me that's a good thing. You don't want to arbitrarily place a lid on yourself. Why would you place a ceiling on yourself of what you're capable of? Why? Why would any team do that? I'm going to say the sky is the limit. It's up to us. We're going to play a bunch of good teams in the second half and if we earn out way into the postseason, that is the goal," he said.

Source: FOXSports.com

2. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

Haha, The Chiefs have that affect on a lot of teams.

3. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

I like JDR more than alot of other current coaches, I don't know that he's a better coach but the dude has Zazz.

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i'm somewhat amazed that this team is sitting at 4-4. having said that, i don't really like their playoff chances in the afc even if they play well in the 2nd half of the season. there are just too many good teams. Currently, there are 10 teams at 4-4 or better. it seems there's always a 10 or 11 win team each year that misses the playoffs in the afc. i don't think the jags are getting to 10 or 11 wins.

5. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Blown opportunities against the likes of Seattle and a home game against Arizona tell me that there's too many young guys on this team. I feel bad for Garrard because he's one of the most underrated QBs in the league right now, and he's been doing it McNabb style (with next to no help until this year). This is a team that should be 5-3 right now, maybe even 6-2, but instead they're sitting at .500, and having to face teams like the Colts, a resurgent Titans team that beat them last time, and the Patriots. That's three losses I can see right there, and 9-7 just won't cut in the AFC.

I actually see the Texans sneaking in over Jacksonville.

6. America's Team

America's Team Starter

Agree with you Blazer. A team full of rookies and youngsters will equal a bunch of poor performances, I see us going 8-8 or 9-7 which I would absolutley have taken at the start of the year.