Jaguars GM Says 'We Need To Build Around' QB Blaine Gabbert

Discussion in 'Jacksonville Jaguars' started by SRW, Feb 9, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Jaguars general manager Dave Caldwell isn't ready to give up on Blaine Gabbert, saying instead the team will shape its roster around the young quarterback.

"That was his second year," Caldwell told The Florida Times-Union this week. "What were they saying about other quarterbacks after their second year? We're looking for improvement (in his third year). We need to build around him. We'll upgrade whenever we can upgrade."

Caldwell told the newspaper the Jaguars aren't about to dazzle society in free agency, but instead build "slow and steady" through the draft. He spoke of growing the team over the course of a decade, which gives us a window into his thinking on Gabbert. Caldwell's Jaguars are not about the quick fix. Had Jacksonville hired another general manager, Gabbert might be bound for the street.

Source: NFL.com

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

Well, it seemed like early on in the season, he had made some progress but then he regressed. Maybe with the right coaching and right system, they could save him, but I'm skeptical

3. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Yeah good luck with that guys

4. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

Can him. Even his name is wussy.

5. Rottstein

Rottstein Rookie

Now we know why he doesn't want Tebow. The faithful will make that team a circus too.

6. VICK#7

VICK#7 BANNED

Tebow would easily win more games then Gabbert and pack the stadium.. This is a no brainer....

It wouldnt hurt to bring Tebow in and take a look at his progress.... it wouldnt hurt

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Gabbert and Tebow...has there ever been a worse QB combination in the history of the sport?

8. VICK#7

VICK#7 BANNED

Maybe so, but again it wouldn't hurt to take a look at Tebow, If I remember correctly didnt
    .Tebow / Broncos beat the Steelers in the 1st round of the Playoffs, and If I remember corrrectly.. correct me if im wrong, but didnt Tebow pass for over 300 Yards that " Playoff Game " against the Steelers .....

WOW!!! and they say Tebow cant pbutt..lol,lol... it looked like it to me...lol,lol.... If somebody really gave this guy a solid fair chance he would be good.....

GO EAGLES !!!!! MIKE VICK#7 ..... EAGLES TO THE SUPERBOWL 2014

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  9. VICK#7

VICK#7 BANNED

You dont have to be skeptical, Gabbert really sucks....

10. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

The fact that you say guys like Vick and Tebow are good QBs just completely diminish ANY credibly you have when it comes to talking QBs.