Jaguars QB David Garrard's Struggles Continue In Loss To Eagles

Discussion in 'Jacksonville Jaguars' started by SRW, Sep 26, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Jaguars QB David Garrard could not get anything going against the Eagles in Week 3 as he completed just 13 of 30 passes for 105 yards in the 28-3 loss. He was also sacked six times in the game and threw an interception to Asante Samuel in the third quater. Garrard was second on Jacksonville in rushing, carrying the ball eight times for 23 yards. Garrard did not look sharp at all in Week 3 and had at least four other passes that could have been easily intercepted by the Eagles defense. Head coach Jack Del Rio said he won't speak for Garrard but said he was "ineffective. We weren't very good at throwing the ball today.''

Source: CBS Sports

2. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Del Rio will be gone in the not so distant future.

3. SRW

He has to have one foot out the door with Garrard, doesn't he? The Jaguars are languishing at the worst possible time. That franchise is fighting for it's life in Jacksonville and efforts like these aren't exactly going to put asses in the seats.

4. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

yeah all great points steve, not to mention their very questionable drafts over the last few seasons. That franchise is like a sinking ship and Del Rio won't be going down with it.

5. SRW

He's nothing more than a over-glorified linebacker coach who is a deer in headlights running the whole show. The sooner Wayne Weaver learns that the sooner the Jaguars can begin rebuilding in time to be good in Los Angeles.

6. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

It would be hilarious if they somehow reacquired leftwich

7. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Shocking really. Guy has been one of the more solid quarterbacks in the league over the last 3 years, and now it seems like his play is coming apart. Very little confidence in his throws and he seems to lock in on Sims-Walker, if he keeps playing like this it might be time to bring in McCown and set your sights on drafting a guy next season.

Hurts to say because I'm a huge fan of the guy.

8. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Anyone who watched the game today knows it wasn't all his fault. That o-line looked just as bad, maybe even worse, than the Eagles today. Our entire d-line got a sack I think.

9. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

It's not always his fault, he's the second best player on that team. That said, he didn't really look confident, ever. Last week, he got knocked around early, and tips-turned-to-picks killed drives and any momentum they gathered.

I've been saying for a while now that they need to fire Del Rio though.

10. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i've been a huge fan too. i wonder if del rio's crappy handling of him and the passing game in general is finally starting to kill his play on the field? del rio doesn't exactly inspire confidence in garrard or anything with the passing game. maybe he's gotten into garrard's head.