Jaguars Sign 5th-Rd Pick OW Denard Robinson

Discussion in 'Jacksonville Jaguars' started by SRW, Jul 9, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Jacksonville Jaguars signed fifth-round draft pick Denard Robinson on Tuesday, the organization announced.

Robinson was a three-year starter at quarterback for Michigan from 2010-2012. With Jacksonville, he's listed as an offensive weapon, and could wind up playing at running back, receiver and as a Wildcat quarterback.

“It’s a great feeling to sign my first NFL contract,â€￾ Robinson said in a statement. “It’s something I’ve been waiting my whole life for and I’m ready to get to camp later this month and get back to work. I was able to get a feel for the NFL game during the offseason and I look forward to getting the pads on and just keep improving with each practice.â€￾

Robinson played in 49 games at Michigan, starting 37. In 2010, under former Michigan coach Rich Rodriguez, Robinson threw for 2,570 yards and ran for 1,702 yards, becoming the first quarterback in NCAA history to run for over 1,500 yards and pass for over 1,500 yards in one season.

Source: Scout.com

2. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Don't know about anyone else but I'm excited and looking forward to what this OW can do in the NFL.

3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

they should work him at RB, and KR if he can do it

4. JEMicklos

JEMicklos Captain

Brad Smith type role

5. K Train

Wayyyyyy more of a RB than brad smith.

I am curious to know how his nerve in his arm/elbow is doing, it was preventing him from gripping a ball and catching punts/kicks in pre drat work outs.

Hes a great open field runner, but i suspect hes going to have devin hester-type ability in the open field but also his terrible hands, even though his hands were bigger than any QB in the draft he might not be able to catch very well. RB is definitely his best spot, could be like chris johnson there, he does have huge durability issues though

6. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

If they did that, he'd be playing out of position as he is an OW :icon_cheesygrin:

7. JEMicklos

JEMicklos Captain

Fine. Let's call him the running Antwaan Randle El. Savy?

8. K Train

I get the comparison, small, athletic college QB turned WR or OW...whatever.

I remember those guys in college, they were dynamic...theres something different about robinson though, i think its his acceleration. Glad he wasnt stubborn like he used to be and went with the position switch, he'll be interesting to watch. Hes already the second best QB jax has...lol

9. JEMicklos

JEMicklos Captain

2nd best QB they have? Who would you put ahead of him? MJD?

10. K Train

Ill go with Henne, Robinson couldnt hit a school bus if it was running a route.

But at least he could stand in the pocket and not be shell shocked like gabbert