Jaguars To Go On A Spending Spree To Fix Their Defense?

Discussion in 'Jacksonville Jaguars' started by SRW, Jul 24, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

It’s not exactly money burning a hole in their wallet, but the Jacksonville Jaguars are sitting on a $35 million in salary cap space that needs to be used somehow. It could be the Jaguars will be ready to pounce in free agency, addressing some key needs on defense that went unfulfilled in the April draft. Tania Ganguli of the Florida Times-Union lists safety and linebacker as the biggest needs for a defense that needs a little bit of a makeover. The Jaguars will be in the market for at least one starter at each of those two positions, and they could look to invest on the defensive line as well. Ganguli speculates the Jaguars could pursue safeties Eric Weddle and Michael Huff, among others, and lists Paul Posluszny, Barrett Ruud, Kevin Burnett and Stephen Tulloch as possible targets.

Source: National Football Post

2. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

Eric Weddle and Paul Posluzhny please. That is all.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

That'd beca nice few days of free agency...

4. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Sign a REAL WR while you're at it.

5. Jammin Jaguar

Blunt but a good point. I am not confident at all that we let Mike Sims-Walker go and have put our faith in Jason Hill as our #1 WR who has caught 11 passes for us. It would be interesting to see whether or not we look at the WR position during free agency.

On the other hand, I am happy with Mike Thomas as #2 WR or slot, and Marcedes isn't bad huh? :icon_thumright:

6. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

stay the heck away from ike taylor

7. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

That's the problem the Jags are loaded with #2/3 WRs trying to force them to be #1s and wondering why Garrard struggles at times. MJD can't do it all by himself, get your QB some help and then you wouldn't have to waste your 1st round pick on a QB.

8. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Lewis is not that great he was playing for a payday, so that means once he gets paid, he is most likely going to pull a Haynesworth in the sense that he is not going to put the effort forward.

9. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

That would be a hell of a way to kick off free agency. But they better do there HW and see how guys will fit that system.

10. Jammin Jaguar

After watching the press conference from the locker room yesterday afternoon I am not confident that we're going to make any big signings during this hectic free agency. I was disappointed when watching the press conference as Gene Smith said we're confident with the group of players we have and may look at bringing maybe one new guy in.

Season is looking bleak.