Jared Allen Fires Back At Ravens Michael Oher

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by pctrips, Oct 19, 2009.

1. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

After holding the sack-happy Jared Allen to just one sack Sunday, Ravens LT Michael Oher told the Baltimore Sun that "There is nothing really special about him ... I think he found out I'm an OK player. Guy makes like $100 million. I think I did all right." On his Monday show, Allen shared his response with Glazer. "Well, that's just some idiot trying to talk himself up," Allen said. "I beat that dude like a red-headed step child, let's be honest. If he was so good why did they have to chip me all day? Ask him that. That's just a rookie trying to build his self-confidence up. Besides, you lost and your quarterback spent his whole day on the back of his head until the fourth quarter. That guy (Oher) will watch film today and realize. Everybody else in the world saw me abuse him."

Source: Fox Sports

2. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

Allen is a great player but he far from got the best of Oher - also I think Oher's 'he's nothing special really' comment was taken out of context.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

P.S. How many movies are there about Jared Allen?

The Blind Side (2009)

3. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

4. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

ok. first of all the only thing wrong with that comment is the 'there's nothing really that special about him", which as TD said, may have been taken out of context. Oher was not trying to boost up his confidence to help him sleep at night or whatever. let's be honest; allen got one sack and oher LET HIM THROUGH on purpose because he thought flacco would get rid of the screen pass to the other side quicker than he did. also, jared allen's comments, SERIOUSLY, if I heard someone say those comments (replacing 'I' with 'he'), I'd think that they were posted by a vikings fan on gif trying to post smack.

"Well, that's just some idiot trying to talk himself up," "I beat that dude like a red-headed step child, let's be honest. Besides, you lost and your quarterback spent his whole day on the back of his head until the fourth quarter. Everybody else in the world saw me abuse him."

5. ravenfan52

talk about an overreaction! i think that oher was just saying that he was expecting this guy who it was like impossible to block against and maybe responding to a question and saying 'yeah, i think i held my own against that guy.'

6. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Mullet (2001)

7. ravenfan52

seriously though, and no offense to GIF members or GIF vikings fans, but the 'your team lost and your qb spent his whole day on the back of his head UNTIL THE FOURTH QUARTER (which is part of the game and you were on defense allowing all those points)' comment was so childish. what a jerk.

8. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

9. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

10. hermhater

hermhater Guest

11. theeraser21

theeraser21 u r a slapdick

lol, you must spread some more rep around before giving it to Crowned again

12. cris80

cris80 comic relief

Just another argument between testosterone-headed millionaires. Nothing to see here. :icon_cheesygrin:

13. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

This is classic Jared Allen, us KC fans know him well. Two things to know; he's not afraid to speak his mind, and he is always trying to be funny. This probably falls in to the category of both. The media won't let him ignore Oher's comments and he tried to make people laugh with his response.

14. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Why do you even reply to him pctrips?

15. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

Well I believe that people have the inherent ability to learn....I was trying to educate him on the bizarre personality that is Jared Allen.

16. hermhater

hermhater Guest

He's a homer that will never see any other point of view dude.

Let him go through puberty and then you MIGHT be able to talk some sense into him.

1 person likes this.
  17. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

I don't have the history on why no one likes him....lol, I just know that he doesn't have many friends here.

18. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

All you need to see is the week one thread when we faced the Ravens. That should explain a lot.

19. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

From what I've seen around here HH every team fields one GIF-homer, 52's just doing his part - its not that no one likes him pctrips its just that when our team is losing the team-homer really looks like an butthole, but its part of his duty as the homer not to waiver.

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

Uh...yeah...okay...lol...