Jeff Garcia Feels He's The Raiders Best Option At QB

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by mike oxlong, May 15, 2009.

1. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

He played the good soldier as erstwhile backup at the Raiders three-day minicamp, but Jeff Garcia left the door open to wedging his way in as the starter in a radio interview with KLAC in Los Angeles. In Alameda, Garcia said he felt he could still be a starter, but realized his role in Oakland. Garcia remained diplomatic, but there was a subtle shift in his stance during the radio interview with Chris Myers, particularly in this passage, "Well, I'm not going to say that things can't change and I understand that the role I have basically assumes going into Oakland knowing that JaMarcus was drafted to be the starting quarterback there. But I think there has to be some realization at some point as to putting the best players on the field that are going to give you the best chance to win. "Now, if JaMarcus is that guy, then he definitely deserves to be on the field and should be on the field. But if for some reason with what I bring as a player, from a competitive nature, and just the intensity and emotion that I bring to the field, and the knowledge of the game that I have - if that gives us a better chance to win football games, then that decision is going to have to be left up to the coach and hopefully he can make the right decision for the team."

Source: Contra Costa Times

2. JASON4RMLA

JASON4RMLA Go Kings!!

..... . . . . :fart:

3. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

the only way he is going to play is if jamarcus is hurt.

4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Move JaMarcus to OT and Janikowski to Guard :icon_cheesygrin:

5. Daddy Primetime42

Daddy Primetime42 TheNationWillRiseAgain

I heard this interview Garcia never said he was the best option at Quarterback. Garcia needs to realize that he is there to mentor jamarcus, even if he thinks he has a chance to play he is kidding himself. J-rock will be given every chance to succeed no matter what the coaches think Garcia is in for a rude awakening.