Jets NT Kris Jenkins Attempting Comeback From Second Torn ACL

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweets, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

New York Jets nose guard Kris Jenkins is facing a serious challenge: mounting a comeback after twice tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee within a year of each devastating injury. Now, he's trying to work his way back to try to get ready for next season. Jenkins is working his way back and attempting to get down to 350 pounds to lessen the strain on his knees. He doesn't want to retire and he told the Newark Star-Ledger that he's aware that his status is up in the air considering his injury history and $3.75 million salary. “I’m not even going to lie and act like that’s something I don’t think about,†Jenkins said. “When you’re looking at big strategy, I’m just one person. I’m not going to walk into a situation and be so arrogant to be like, ‘Oh, I’m going to be fine because I’m Kris Jenkins.’ I wish. “I like what I’m doing; I know when I’m healthy, I can play with the best of them. But I did get hurt two years in a row. It’s a decision they have to make.†There's a lot of work left to be done to get back to his old self, if that's even possible. “I still have hurdles,†Jenkins acknowledged. "I will jump them, or duck under, or walk around. Any way of getting past them.â€

Source: National Football Post

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  2. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

The kids got heart.