Jets QB Geno Smith Fires Agent After Draft-Day Plummet

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweets, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Thursday, as we've chronicled numerous times, wasn't the best day of Geno Smith's life. He spent all night on camera, not getting drafted, and probably was more than a little flustered that he was on camera, not getting drafted.

As such, he has decided to part ways with his agent. CBSSports.com's Bruce Feldman reports that Geno informed his agents "late last night" that he was moving on.

It shouldn't be entirely shocking to see Smith change representation.

The quarterback, presumably, was advised to attend the 2013 NFL Draft and accept the invitation from the NFL to sit in the green room during Round 1 on Thursday night but no one thought he'd actually spend the entire night in the green room and not end up with a team; the worst-case scenario involved someone trading back into the first round to grab him.

Source: CBSSports

2. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

The circus continues. :icon_cheesygrin:

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

geno is perfect for the jets.

4. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

We all knew, the moment he got drafted...

I actually saw it live as Goodell called his name for the Jets. Literally LOL'd to the point my sister asked me what the f was wrong with me. :icon_cheesygrin:

5. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

That guy who criticized his character and got burned for it in the media isn't quite looking so horribly evil and racist now. This whole draft situation with Geno is a public image disaster.

6. CaptainStubing

well, the biggest knock on the kid before the draft was his suspect 'attitude' ......... i thought maybe he could overcome it as he matured. however, when i heard him in interviews leading up to the draft, i then realized he also had the a severe lack of intelligence.

a dumbass with a bad attitude doesn't usually make for a successful NFL qb ......... (see Jeff George and Ryan Leaf)

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

So basically, Geno has a problem with adversity...lol. Not really a quality you want in a QB, especially one that plays in NY.

The agent had nothing really doesn't control where the player is going to get drafted...he may have something to do with the contracts, but even with the rookie deals, they don't have that much to do with it.

Smith has some sort of emotional issue...what's he gonna do when he's sacked twice in a row and then throws an interception?

I wonder who is whispering in Smith's ear...lol...

8. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

[​IMG]

9. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

LMAO perfect picture for that answer

10. CaptainStubing

i live in big 12 country so most of the cfb discussion i hear is about the big 12 and this was the biggest knock on geno last season. whenever the team was not doing well or he wasn't doing well, his demeanor and attitude really exuded a quitter's mentality. couple that with the fact that he's also dumb as a box of rocks and that is a lethal combination for an nfl qb.

11. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

When I heard he fired his agents I was shocked. Agents don't get you drafted. If teams don't need a qb then they usually don't draft one high. I don't see him in the league after his rookie contract is up if he don't "reform" his image.

12. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

It's always somebody else's fault. Good career strategy for the NFL.

13. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Did his agent play for him at West Virginia? Did his agent perform at the combine for him? And yet he blames his agent for his draft day slide....