Josh Brown To Wear Heated Pants Against Green Bay

Discussion in 'Seattle Seahawks' started by burnout2oo7, Jan 9, 2008.

1. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

SEATTLE -- Seattle Seahawks kicker Josh Brown says he'll wear heated warm-up pants in the freezing weather at Saturday's playoff game in Green Bay.Brown says he has equipped his pants with battery-powered heaters for the calves, thighs and hamstrings.Brown told KIRO Radio that no matter how low the temperature drops, his legs will be 75 degrees.Brown says kickers, who spend most of the game on the sideline, have to work harder to stay loose in cold weather by walking around, practicing kicks or using heaters.The National Weather Service is predicting a 20 percent chance of snow showers on Saturday in Green Bay, with a high near 28. Temperatures are expected to dip to 17 degrees on Saturday night.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/news/story?id=3187946

What a cat.

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Rep for that avatar I just noticed, burnout :lol:

3. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

thats pretty cool as long as it keeps you warm itll do

4. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

Whimp!!!! :chicken:

5. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

Football is supposed to be played in the elements. I'll give the NFL the neutral warm weathered city/dome for the Super Bowl, but players with electric pants? C'mon. We've gone from barefoot kickers to hot-pants kickers...

6. n1gbpackfan

Rep that!

No crap - what a bunch of wusses.. and btw, wouldn't that be equipment violation - or does the NFL allow that crap now? Next thing you know cold weather teams like the Packers, Eagles, Giants, Patriots, etc., will be using air conditioned uniforms when they go to Arizona... NOT! They are not friggen pussies!

7. eaglesrule4ever

why do you rep that first of all its a kicker doesnt get to be on the field very much he would be freezing his balls off and plus burnout2oo7 made this thread

8. n1gbpackfan

Because what he said was true... - if you can't handle the heat, or in this case the cold - get out of the league. Kickers have been doing this for years, and now they need heated pants? Give me a friggen break.

And btw - I believe I can rep anyone any time I want.

9. eaglesrule4ever

btw whos said you couldnt rep anyone i said why did you rep that because if this is america anyone can do anything they want including kickers if you have a problem with that you should go to mexico.

10. n1gbpackfan

Be my guest, want me to but you a ticket? He is NOT gonna freeze his balls of when its 28 degrees for christ sakes. I could see if it was the ice bowl or something, then maybe I would understand - key word maybe!

11. DallasArmor09

DallasArmor09 Well-Known

I got hot pants every day but thats just me:dance04:

12. Cletusaurus

Cletusaurus YES! YES! YES!

Didnt' Josh Brown kick at NEBRASKA?! I'm from the midwest, I know how cold it gets there... what a freakin' wuss.

I see Josh tried out his "hot pants" in practice recently, though...

[​IMG]

13. DallasArmor09

DallasArmor09 Well-Known

No wonder they say Josh Brown has a nice leg.:dirty20:

14. eaglesrule4ever

now i understand why everyone says that.

15. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

i got no problem with him doing this, he sits on the bench for 97% of the game and has no time to stay warm hes just taking precautions and if he hits a game winner than hotpants > all

16. eaglesrule4ever

i agree with that every kicker will want hotpants.

17. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

Haha, they better all do that, it's time for them to feel what cold is really like.

18. reubenco

reubenco Greenbelter

This is legal?
    Somehow I don't see Roger Goodell allowing players to wear heated pants if he doesn't even let them spike the ball.

19. FinFan_23

FinFan_23 Team Veteran

I don't see a problem with a kicker wearing heated pants, who freakin cares if you get called a cat! He's staying warm in case he has a big kick.

20. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

What a chicken. I didn't see the Jags in heated Pants when they went to Pittsburgh (TWICE)